+ Reply to Thread

JPG to PDA Converter???

Is there a program out there that will allow the conversion of jpgs to the palm native format of .pda? I find the Photosuite Mobile Organizer program that came with the phone lacking. I would like to convert the files in my computer and then manually download them to my SD card. Is there something available out there. I've googled, but haven't came up with anything.

Mac OS X user

Re: JPG to PDA Converter???

Originally posted by oKubricko
    Is there a program out there that will allow the conversion of jpgs to the palm native format of .pda?
    There is no "native format" for PalmOS devices. All PalmOS image viewers that do not display JPEGs (usually off an SD/MMC card) do so using a proprietary format.
    - Paul

The supplied photoviewer program that came with my 7135 was PhotoSuite Mobile Organizer or PhotoView. The Photoview does view jpgs loaded to the SD card. But, it does some reformatting inbetween pictures that does not allow fast scrolling. The PhotoSuite uses jpgs that are converted to IM50 format. My mistake on the calling it .pda format before. I guess my question would be, is there a good program that converts jpgs to palm format?

Fireviewer also will view native jpg from an MMC/SD card. You just can't get non-PDB/PRC files in Palm ROM.

JPGview also lets you view native .jpg (& .gif) from SD card. It's shareware; only $8 at http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...F&prodID=14658 .
    Ron Honey
    7135 Nut

SplashPhoto, available at http://www.splashdata.com can also view JPGs off the SD card. It's slower than viewing the native SplashPhoto format, though.
    Jay

AcidImage is good, has a decent converter. I generally just use the image converter program that came with my CLIE. I don't know whether it is available for download anywhere but it works great. Converts and automatically transfers to either the handheld or memory stick.
    Amber. I'm finally converged, and lovin' it!