+ Reply to Thread

Question Agendus questions

Couple of questions regarding Agendus:

1) I've read that Agendus tasks that are overdue do not continue to reappear, but rather disappear. Is that correct?

2) Also, how does its email functionality compare to SnapperMail? I'm trialling SnapperMail right now, and I have to say that I'm happy with it. What can Agendus do that SnapperMail can't and vice versa?

3) Final question...what are the advantages of getting both the Windows client and the Palm client? Do the advantages outweigh the added cost in your opinion?

TIA.

Agendus thoughts

Hello,

I've used Agendus for years -- my Kyocera is my fourth PDA with the application on it.

First, the overdue tasks do not disappear once the date passes. They show up in red as a reminder.

Second, I finally ditched the Agendus e-mail application and use Agendus Standard for datebook, contacts, etc and Snappermail for e-mail. My experience was that Agendus mail program didn't jibe with the Kyocera (or my other applications on it.) I continually got resets while using the mail program. Also, Snappermail has the auto fetch, which I don't think Agendus had.

Now I use Agendus standard and I don't miss their e-mail application at all. I think Agendus has an attractive interface and enough bells and whistles to keep things interesting.

To your third question, I have the desktop installed. It's very nice, attractive and functional, but I have to say I rarely use it. If I had it to do over again I'd probably just buy the OS Agendus and skip the desktop.

Barbara
    Last edited by nabour; 12-31-2003 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks a lot for your input!

I use Agendus Pro (including the email) and I think it works great. The desktop component is useless in my opinion, everything works perfectly well syncing with outlook.
    Amber. I'm finally converged, and lovin' it!

Agendus Pro caused my I330 some problems. I had to do a hard reset often. So for now I use Agendus Std......Due to one of the comments above< I wonder if it was the mail program and not Pro.....hmmmmmm
    I300 -> I330 -> I500 -> PPC 6700 -> Mogul (ppc 6800) ->???

< I wonder if it was the mail program and not Pro.....hmmmmmm

Well, I don't think you can open the Pro version without also downloading the mail component. I tried, and Agendus wouldn't load until I also added mail.

Barbara