+ Reply to Thread
    Converged

Does anyone use the Mozilla Conduit for address book?

Several releases ago of Mozilla (1.2.1) I tried to use the address book conduit. It was a disaster. It corrupted my address book (luckily not losing much, but if I remember it messed up my categories and created many duplicates).

What I do now is use the Netscape 4.79 conduit, and occasionally export these address books and import them in Mozilla.

Has anyone used a more recent Mozilla address book conduit and had any good/bad experiences? I recently tried Mozilla 1.6 and liked it, but am leary of trying the conduit again.

-Stew

Let me know...

I'm interested in this as well.

Do you know if it will work with Thunderbird? I may back everything up and give it a try. Where did you get the Mozilla conduit?
    http://fogbound.net/flummox - Flummox! fun Palm OS Puzzle Game
    ----
    SjG

Converged
    The Mozilla address book conduit came with Mozilla.

-Stew

Hmmm...

I'm running Firefox and Thunderbird, as opposed to the monolithic Mozilla. I'll have to search around the distribution tree and see if I can find it.
    http://fogbound.net/flummox - Flummox! fun Palm OS Puzzle Game
    ----
    SjG

reluctact Treo user
    Apparently there were problems with 1.6 and 1.7, but the new daily snapshots of 1.8a+ have a working Palm sync. I would love to use Thunderbird for IMAP, Calendar, and Contacts syncing with an i500 but don't have the phone yet. Anything to get away from Outlook...anything. The best case would be if I could sync desktop and laptop with Palm phone...we'll see.