+ Reply to Thread

SnapperMail 2.0, Enterprise Edition vs. Agendus Mail 4.0

In this corner, we have the new SnapperMail 2.0, Enterprise Edition (http://www.snappermail.com/wireless/email/) and in the other corner we have the new Agendus Mail 4.0 (http://www.iambic.com/email/palmos/). Both have been released in the last couple of weeks and both now support IMAP for enterprises. I am about to try both but I am curious if anyone else has valuated them side-by-side. If you have, I've started this thread for your comments (regardless of what Palm platform or smartphone you are using).

Please post your comments, comparisons and evaluations.

This is my first go-around at getting email from any mobile device. I downloaded free trial of SnapperMail 2. I can't imagine anything being easier to setup and use than this. Even for a moron like myself. Don't know about speed yet really, but I'm going to send myself an email with a big attachment to see how it goes. Thumbs up to Snapper. POP3 user.

snapper 2 vs iambic mail

I tried Iambic Mail's latest for 4 days and had multiple problems form openeing attachments with Docs to Go 7, to authentication errors via Sprint PCS, as well as syncing problems with my MS Exchange inbox.

I bought the new Snapper 2 and all works flawlessly - I miss the desktop sync though. Attachments, etc worked great. The new interface is ok, and there are some new options, but the price seems a bit steep for what you get.

If Iambic mail worked well, it would be a clear superior choice as it would be all in one - sync the inbox, attachments and all pop3 - it just seems very buggy on my Treo 600.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by tomwalshco
    This is my first go-around at getting email from any mobile device. I downloaded free trial of SnapperMail 2. I can't imagine anything being easier to setup and use than this. Even for a moron like myself. Don't know about speed yet really, but I'm going to send myself an email with a big attachment to see how it goes. Thumbs up to Snapper. POP3 user.
    I'm a SnapperMail 2 user. I tried Iambic's Agendus Mail, but it does not appear to support SSL for security (at least not that I could find). That is a requirement for my work, so Agendus Mail doesn't fit the bill in my case.

As far as the transfer performance in SnapperMail, it is slow in version 2.0 now. However, they've said that they're going to improve the performance in version 2.1.
    Michael

I hate to admit it but I think SnapperMail 2.0 wins this one. Although it is not a "deal breaker" for me, SSL support is nice but what really hurts Agendus Mail 4.0 is that it's just to buggy. When they get the bugs worked out, I'll give Agendus Mail another try but not until then.

Now the question is, will SnapperMail deliver the promised MAPI support (promised with SnapperMail 3.0) before Iambic can get a bug-free version of Agendus Mail, which supports mail syncing, working?

Or better yet, which one will combine mail syncing, IMAP support and SSL all in one first?

Originally posted by William
    I hate to admit it but I think SnapperMail 2.0 wins this one. Although it is not a "deal breaker" for me, SSL support is nice but what really hurts Agendus Mail 4.0 is that it's just to buggy. When they get the bugs worked out, I'll give Agendus Mail another try but not until then.

Now the question is, will SnapperMail deliver the promised MAPI support (promised with SnapperMail 3.0) before Iambic can get a bug-free version of Agendus Mail, which supports mail syncing, working?

Or better yet, which one will combine mail syncing, IMAP support and SSL all in one first?
    Whats MAPI?

Originally posted by TimRock
    Whats MAPI?
    MAPI, for Mail Application Programming Interface, is the programming interface that Microsoft uses to enable a client application, like Outlook, to send and receive mail from Exchange Server. By offering MAPI support natively, SnapperMail would allow you to send and receive e-mail (and calendaring information, to do lists, etc.) just like you were using Outlook on a computer.