+ Reply to Thread

PQA Rumour Busting needed.

I just got off the phone with a VZW (Verizon) Rep who told me that the reason my PQA's no longer are functioning *may* be that (as he had heard) that Palm(One) Is no longer supporting them (and soon Palm.net in general). I was travelling at the time, and thought it was just the fact that I was roaming. But I get back home, and none of them work. All I get now is "Non-Existant DNS Name (Net123E)" (yes Nonexistant is mispelled on my pda too). I did a hard reset, as I have had issues with PQA's before, but nothing ever like this. I hope it is just something with my phone and not end of them as a whole. They are one thing that has made the PalmOS so efficient, particularly for size Any help anyone can provide here would be greatly appreciated
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

Search the boards a bit. Palm announced they were no longer going to support pqas.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Sigh I found it...Thank you. They should make an effort to reroute all of us who are so addicted to them http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...878#post252878
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

new Proxy server

I would be willing to write and host a new proxy server if there was financial support for it.

I would run it as a subscription service for $10 a year. If about it about 50 people would subscribe in advance, I would start writing it.

That is not bad at all. The problem I see would be getting all those companies back on board, since most have already discontinued support for the PQAs. It would be no small task. Then there is the fact that all the other mobile formats (WAP; hdml etc.) are available to far more than just the PalmOS. Why bother to write two versions when you can only write one? Sad but true...

--
    "Embrace change. That which cannot accept change will stagnate and die."

I couldn't get PQA's to work on my T3, only on my 7135.

If they will work on a Treo 600 and the people who wrote the PQA's for their own service don't give up and shut down their services, I would pay $10/yr (news, gopherking, biblegateway, etc...)
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16