+ Reply to Thread

Act sync erases speed & voice dial

I had a 7035 with Palm v3.5 which worked perfectly. Now I have one with Palm 4.0 and have this horrible problem.

Whenever I sync with Act, my speed dial and voice dial entries are completely erased. I have tried a number of desktop- overwrites-palm combinations, but cannot find the key.

My preference is desktop overwrites handheld, since I don't usually enter data directly on the Palm.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Desktop overwrites handheld is what is causing the problem. It should be set to either "Synchronize the files" or "Handheld overwrites desktop".
    Michael

Angry Speed Dial loses entries

I own a Kyocera 7035 with Speed Dial 3.0 and Palm 7.4

I am have a few speed dial entries, but each time I change them on the phone, they are removed during the following sync. I have done a regular sync after making the changes on the phone. I have also tried doing a PC to Phone sync. Neither maintain the new entries.

It is as if that part of the program is no longer available. How do I go about trying to correct this?
    daveschultheis

This did it for me:

Desktop overwrites handheld is what is causing the problem. It should be set to either "Synchronize the files" or "Handheld overwrites desktop".

But Act recommends overwrite periodicly

I understand that the desktop overwriting the handheld can create the problem, but Act recommends that you have the desktop overwrite the handheld on a regular basis to maintain the continuity of the database. Is there a separate conduit for speed dial, or a setting that can be changed so that even when you do a desktop overwrite, it will not effect the settings of speed dial?
    Mike