+ Reply to Thread
    Converged

Lightbulb Chapura/Outlook security error message "program is trying to access email addresses"

First a little background. I use Chapura PocketMirror Standard (came with my Kyocera 7135) to synchronize Outlook notes, appointments and todo with my Palm applications.

I recently used Microsoft Office Update to update Outlook 2002. The new security fixes changed the way Outlook deals with hotsync via Chapura Pocketmirror. After the security fix everytime I hotsync I get the following error message from Outlook: "A program is trying to access email addresses on the Outlook server. Do you want to allow this?" You can respond yes for 1,2,3 or 5 minutes, but you have to respond or the hotsync does not finish.

It turns out there is a solution. Go to the Chapura site and download their Pocketmirror 3.1.6 update. It seems to have eliminated the problem for me.

-Stew

Outlook security error message "program is trying to access email addresses"

Problem:
    "A program is trying to access email addresses on the Outlook server. Do you want to allow this?"

Have to answer this or hotsync will not continue.

Go to http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/

You can download a free program there that solves the problem.