+ Reply to Thread
    Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar

saved preferences corrupt?

Once in awhile I get resets on my treo 650 after a sync or when using Documents To Go premium edition 7.003. On dataviz websites it says t650 may have corrupt saved preferences. Sure enough I delete saved preferences from handheld and desktop and no more resets.

1) How do saved preferences become corrupt?

When I delete saved preferences I then spend 30 minutes entering some registration codes and setting preferences. I thought this time I would copy the saved preferences file and stick it in a new folder on the card.

2) Could this cause any problem pulling up the copied saved preferences to replace the corrupt saved preferences the next time I start getting resets?

It would be great if I could just figure out why the file becomes corrupt. And why it only causes a problem with docs2go.

Palm Gurus please help,,,

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    I'll answer myself after much experimentation

It works great to back up saved preferences to the card and overwrite to internal if internal becomes corrupt.

Saved preferences become corrupt for numeruous reasons, as simple as deleting an app and it does not take its preferences with it.

If you get a reset after each syncronization your saved preferences may be corrupt, delete saved preferenses from the handheld and from the backup folder on desktop saving a copy just incase its not the issue and you wish to restore the saved preferences file.