+ Reply to Thread

Network Hotsync Failure

I need ideas on how to resolve a home network Hotsync issue. THis use to work fine with my 7135 but with my new Treo 650 I'm getting failures. Both PC's have the latest hotsync software 6.01 but when I try to Hotsync from the remote PC back to my Primary it first connects, identifys the user goes maybe 1 or 2 files in syncing then just stalls and then nothing. It appears to be going, that is the arrows are moving but nothing happens and it nevers times out. Or at least after 10 mins it hasn't so I have to manually stop it. I've checked firewalls and they are all off and like I said this all worked the day before with the 7135. Any ideas on how to resolve woudl be appreciated.

Update

I've discovered that the problem seems to be the Media File. It always seems to stall on that file. I went into the Hotsync setup and changed the conduit for the Media file to Never Sync and it worked.

So I guess my question is why won't the media file sync? How do I correct it?

Anybody have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue?

Network hotsync instructions

Does anyone have treo 650 Network hotsync instructions?

Wink Solution

I have the same problem like your. The solution is:
    Go to C:\Program Files\PalmOne\
    Delete the file with the user name you have for your Treo. Ejm: TONY or DFC (In my case).

Now make a new syncronization.
    Your Treo will make again another folder with the original User Name you have.
    And it is all.

B. Regards.

Diego.