+ Reply to Thread

Smartphone for use in Iraq

My son just went to Iraq, and he asked me to check and see if there are any Palm OS Smartphones that would work over there.

He said that he heard that the Treo could be adapted to work, but wasn't sure what carriers used the Treo.

John
    John H. Boyd

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    The Cingular model is quad band and should work over there. Shoot an email to cingular. GSM is the standard worldwide. We are the only morons with 5 or 6 standards.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Rental Phones available for overseas

Contact Verizon and ask for a phone number to rent a phone in Europe. Call the number they give you and phones can be rented or purchased and contracts can be 30 days to ??. There is a selection of phones available. You can even look at satellite phones. Hope is works.

Another option is to look at a panasonic toughbook. They make a very portable "handheld computer" that should have wifi capability. I had a friend use one where he could get a signal or a phone line and email and im friends and family.

Gino