+ Reply to Thread

Beam?....What the heck is it for?

I assumed it was IR...like any other PDA so I could just shoot my wife Appointment, contacts, ringtones, etc...instead of having to sync everynite to update eachothers calendars....but I cant seam to get hers to except...not to metion..i see no option to send!.....

Someone explain this to me?
    Droid: 02/21/2010

Nevermind...figured it out...

NO IR...grrrr...Beam just for BT.....well ...will try it...never done it that way...send a Ringtone over BT...hmmmm...

But i still cant get it to work...grrrr...I cant get stuff to beam via BT...anyone gotten this to work?

Yes....I got this to work. I beamed a picture to another phone and then back to my phone. The phone I beamed to was a US Cellular Razr. I turned on my "receive all incoming beams" and my "make this device visible". Then you have to link the two phones together using the Bluetooth connection. After that, you can beam away. Worked like a charm.
    Last edited by joshica; 04-13-2008 at 11:53 PM.

yea i finally got it to work...but was trying to get it to work for ringtones and stuff and still no go w/ those....grrr...

Stupid thing wont let me change the ringtones...keeps going back to the default..(none) or says that it is in an unplayble format (midi) or currpt...duh its working fine on mine...grrr...hmmm....something fishy....