+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Static

Hello all,
    First, thanks to all for all the valuable information.

I have scanned the threads and have not yet found an answer. I have terrible static on both ends of my bluetooth connection (I hear a constant hiss and the other end static with voice). I have tried a couple old reliable bluetooth earpieces that always worked great with previous phones and also bought a new one recommended by Verizon (PBT 330Z), still the same result.

I remember early on I was reading a forum (maybe Howard) that confirmed there was a flaw in the firmware that caused this issue.

Am I alone in this? Is there a fix or is something in my car interfering?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Tim

Banned
    I believe it is most likely some other 2.4 ghz interfering or possibly something wrong with your phone. I have used a few different bluetooth headsets and have found that some are clearer than others, but it sounds more like interference.

Try it in other location more likely to have less interference and see if you can get a clear signal. If it is still really bad with a couple of different headsets, take it to the store, it might have a problem.

I know i am but what are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by thbrunelle View Post
    Hello all,
    First, thanks to all for all the valuable information.

I have scanned the threads and have not yet found an answer. I have terrible static on both ends of my bluetooth connection (I hear a constant hiss and the other end static with voice). I have tried a couple old reliable bluetooth earpieces that always worked great with previous phones and also bought a new one recommended by Verizon (PBT 330Z), still the same result.

I remember early on I was reading a forum (maybe Howard) that confirmed there was a flaw in the firmware that caused this issue.

Am I alone in this? Is there a fix or is something in my car interfering?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Tim
    I had a Demo PN820 for 2 months, then bought one.

The Demo unit with my BT headset worked flawlessly. The Phone i Bought is almost useless with my BT due to ECHO, FEEDBACK and Static. I guess i will have to get a new phone.

Banned
    Yeah, if it is non-ending or targeted to one headset, it sounds like the phone needs repair or replacement

Static with motorola h700

Way too much static with this headset under all conditions. Still looking for solutions but am losing patience with the whole bluetooth thing with this phone. Also, has anyone used the H9?
    "Keep your head in the clouds, your feet on the ground and hire a good investigator."

i personally think it's the phone. I'm working on replacing mine now. VZW is being reluctant to swap it out. i'm still within 30 days.

Converged Architect
    I picked up the 820 yesterday along with a Motorola S9, Stereo Bluetooth headset. I have to say reception seems clear and music sounds great.

Now I need to read through this forum to pickup tweaks and learn more about this phone. I've shelved my I730 as a backup awaiting an I760. On the other hand, this is a lightweight phone and I may continue using it as a primary....Obviously still debating in my head....

there was a link somewhere for the wm6 office suite. I tested it on the Demo phone i had, seemed to work fine. (you wont' find links here as M$ baned people from using the link)

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    there was a link somewhere for the wm6 office suite. I tested it on the Demo phone i had, seemed to work fine. (you wont' find links here as M$ baned people from using the link)
    If anybody is looking for the wm6 office .cab just drop me a pm.