+ Reply to Thread

Mini-SD card hangs out?!?!?

I can't believe the mini-sd card doesn't slide in fully so you can keep it installed into the phone permanently! I was very happy with this phone until I slotted a mini-sd card and it hung out about a half inch! Can't believe no one else on these forums found that annoying and ridiculous.

Sounds like you either...
    a) don't have your card installed properly
    b) don't have the right size card
    c) some other issue

I have a miniSD card installed at all times. The cover that you must pop open to insert the card is popped back in place, hiding the fact that there is even a card in there. So before you go assuming what you did, you might want to check your phone -- because it sounds like you are doing something wrong buddy. Perhaps your card is upside down..

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I agree. Had a card in mine since the day I bought it. You might have it installed backwards or just not right.

Thank You! I love my phone again!!!

First, the card must be installed flipped over face down so the labeled side is facing down. This seems backwards to the way one would expect.

Second, you have to push it in all the way until it sort of "clicks", but there is not really a clicking sound associated with this action. When inserted all the way the position of the card will be recessed and allow the cover to be re-inserted.

I know you already figured this out, but I posted more details for the benefit of other readers who might have the same question.

Somebody on Flea bay has a bunch for ten dollars or so, of 2gb micro cards. For ten bucks/free s&h I'll try it.