2. Are you locked into a mobile carrier (i.e. Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, etc.), or do you prefer a particular carrier? Do you know if one carrier has better coverage in places that you need to be? (PLEASE SEE THE CARRIER NOTE BELOW)
NOT LOCKED IN BUT PREFER VERIZON/SPRINT.
3. Where are you based? Do you stay in one place or travel a lot? Do you travel internationally... how much and where? Do you intend to use your pdaPhone there?
BASED IN NY AND THAT IS WHERE IT IS USED PREDOMINANTLY. GLOBAL COVERAGE WOULD BE NICE BUT NOT CRITICAL.
4. Do have a preference of Palm, Pocket PC, Symbian, Smartphone OS, Blackberry, etc.?
I WANT TO STAY WITH THE ANDROID OPERATING SYSTEM AND WANT THE LATEST VERSION OF IT.
5. Are you likely to run it the way it came out of the box, or do you intend to load a whole lot of extra applications and stuff on it? Do you know of anything now that you will need to run?
I HAVE DOWNLOADED A LOT OF APPS FROM THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE AND WILL TRANSFER THEM ALL. BUT, THEY ARE MOSTLY PRODUCTIVITY APPS - TRAVEL/SEARCH/BANKING/FILE MANAGERS.
6. How important is wireless data access, and for what would you use it? (i.e. Web browsing, VPN, Remote termnial Access, Instant messaging, etc)?
7. Will you need to view Microsoft Office documents on the pdaPhone? Will you need to edit them?
YES, VIEW FOR SURE EDIT WOULD BE NICE BUT HAVE NOT FOUND A GOOD APP FOR THAT YET.
8. Will you need access to an email system?
a)Is it corporate (Exchange, Groupwise,Lotus, Other?) What Version? Do you want email wirelessly or do you want to do it in the office with a sync cable/cradle? Can you get your Corporate email configured for mobile access or do you need to run a desktop redirector?
b)Is it Pop3/Imap? Who is the service provider?
I WILL HAVE ONE CORPORATE EXCHANGE EMAIL ACCOUNT AND 1 PERSONAL POP3 ACCOUNT, BOTH SYNCING WIRELESSLY.
9. Do you do SMS messaging a lot (telephone to telephone messaging)?
10. Do you want to use a GPS with the pdaPhone for mapping and navigation?
11. What is your size preference.. very close to the smallest cellphone, or you don’t care.. function over size?
I PREFER SMALLER PHONES; SIZE OVER FUNCTION. I DO NOT CARE IF THE SCREEN IS NOT AS BIG. THE SMALLER THE BETTER WITHIN REASON SINCE I STILL HAVE TO TYPE EMAILS AND VIEW WEB PAGES.
12. How will you carry it... pocket, belt, purse, etc.?
13. Do you prefer a particular form factor… flip-phone, candy bar, etc?
REGULAR RECTANGULAR SMARTPHONE
14. Do you prefer a QWERTY keyboard, numeric dial-pad, or stylus?
I PREFER A PHYSICAL QWERY BUT I THINK I HAVE TO GIVE THAT UP IF I AM GOING TO GET RID OF MY MOTOROLA DROID PRO AND FINALLY GET A NEW PHONE. I AM NOT AWARE OF ANY PHONES THAT EXIST OR ARE COMING ANYMORE WITH A PHYSICAL KEYBOARD. I AM NOT A FAN OF SLIDE-OUTS BUT AM INDIFFERENT ON THAT FEATURE. I AM SURE I WOULD USE IT A BIT IF I HAD IT BUT AM ACCEPTING THAT I AM GOING TO HAVE TO LEARN TO USE A TOUCHSCREEN KEYBOARD.
15. Do you want to play a lot of video games on the pdaPhone? What kinds - puzzles, strategy, action adventure, etc.?
NO, JUST EMAIL, WEB, TEXTING AND SOME APPS.
16. Do you want to listen to music on the pdaPhone? What kind... mp3, streamed, etc.?
YES, I WOULD LIKE A MUSIC PLAYER AND CAN TRANSFER MY SONGS TO THE SD CARD.
17. Do you want a camera on the pdaPhone?
YES, WOULD LIKE A GOOD QUALITY CAMERA.
18. Do you have any other hardware you intend to use with the pdaPhone? Do you intend to use any Bluetooth devices? What types of devices?
YES, WILL USE A BLUE TOOTH HEADSET FOR SURE.
19. What kind of battery life do you need?(Always near a charger, battery life is not an issue or Need the battery to last several days) How many hours do you expect to spend talking on the phone? How many hours of data?(Web browsing, push email, VPN, IM etc)
BATTERY LIFE IS A HUGE PROBLEM SO THE LONGER THE BETTER. I CANNOT STAND HAVING TO ALWAYS BE CHARGING MY PHONE.
20. What are your budget limits (pdaPhones range in price from below $100 for older used models to nearly $1000 for high end models without a carrier subisidy)?
I WANT A QUALITY PHONE SO QUALITY OVER PRICE BUT I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND $1,000. MINE WILL BE SUBSIDIZE BY THE CARRIER SO AM EXPECTING TO SPEND $100-$300.