+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Is there a way to skin the phone dialer program?

We have added a new section to cover this question, including a download area for Dialer Skins. Click <a class="postlink" href="http://www.smartphoneforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=89"><b>HERE</b></a> to go there.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Mike - Been Converged?

This site has useful links to Skins, Apps and Howto's. Who knows, maybe someday those links, and howto's might just find their way here to pdaphonehome

Also, I do take requests for skins, if you want a custom skin made, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

What I need is a square or longer then taller image for the background or for the buttons, preferably high in contrast. If you want a specific color scheme or pattern, let me know and I can create it.

Ok there is a bug... I was logged in until I posted, then it defaulted back to Guest...

Trying to post with my Username entered above, but that's a pain, it should know that I am logged in.

I think the problem has to do with cookies and a metatag that's missing that isn't forcing the browser to refresh.

Not sure if there is anything you can do about it Mike, as it might be a bug in the PHPBB but check your templates' metatags for the force refresh command. I am forgetting what it is offhand, but can look it up if you need.

Also, if there is an option to force cookies to be session based rather then document based it will help when going for php page to page.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Strange

Strange, because I haven't had problems and I know that the few others that have posted have also come through OK. If you have a way to look at your cookies, see if you have more than one for this site. I changed it today to be custom... I had left the default phpBB cookie in there and another user had problems staying logged in.

Check out the new question I put in...
    Tell everyone about your pdaPhone
    Mike - Been Converged?

If you want to learn how to make Dialpad skins go to http://www.yorch.net/ and click on Tutorial, it will tell you step, by step instructions how to do the skins. Also since you are there you can download some skins that I made!.

I hope you find it useful!