+ Reply to Thread

Request: ppc-6600 driver : I DON'T HAVE CD :X

Yeah I lost my driver cd and now I need to reinstall my drivers. Does anybody have theirs that they can upload? Thanks!

Administrator
    you dont need any drivers for this phone. what do you want? Activesync?

Well, my computer doesn't recognize it :/

Administrator
    well your computer is trippin'!

you dont need any drivers for this phone. all you need is Activesync. you can get that from microsoft. once you install ASync, you can then manage you device from your computer...

Serial/USB vr. 1.2 Screen - STUCK HELP!!!

I tried to update my ppc6600 and now I am stuck at a stupid screen that says

"Serial vr 1.2"

I'm locked out of everything and I've tried record button + power + reset.

Nothing is working!!! I need help bad!!! If you have any information on this subject PLEASE post!!!

Thanks,
    Satanicat.

Administrator
    are you trying to flash your rom? you only see that when your flashing the ROM. before i give you any more info, let me know what your trying to do...

Well, I was trying to install windows 6.0 from my SD card but when I hit the .exe my ppc6600 sent me to a screen that said Serial V. 1.2 and when it was in the docking station it said usb v 1.2 - all Input and output was blocked. I'm just trying to get it back it its previous state, when windows was working!

Administrator
    you gotta tell me everything your doing grasshoppa!

thats not a reliable way to update the phone. you should download ASync 4.5, dock then run the program from the computer...

Okay everything goes like this; first I downloaded windows 6.0 put all the files on a SD card, took the card out of my computer. Then I put it in my ppc6600, I( acting stupidly) hit an executable called enterBL, next thing I know I'm off of windows and a screen that I have no control over says Serial v1.2 comes up. I take my memory card out, reset it turn power on/off etc. Nothing worked, so now I have no idea what to do. That's why I'm here

Administrator
    LOL it was probably fine. you see that dimmed screen show up when the phone is flashing the firmware. it would have probably installed just fine had you left it.. OR had you come here first to ask!

your phone is probably ok. you should go ahead and download ASync 4.5, plug in the phone and restart the file from the computer.

make sure your running this update on a XP box and not vista.

take the battery out for about a minute, then reinsert it again. then try the hard reset routine.

also, smoke this thread over:

Has anyone successfully upgraded?

Forever Confused
    Plus......You can't put WM6 on a 6600.