+ Reply to Thread

dROMa - a sad tale

I went to perform a recommended update (by Bell) for DST and my unit now shows the dreaded "v1.20 Serial" on a white screen.

I want to thank all the forum contributors in the past for their postings. My only problem is that I cannot find a ROM install file for Bell Mobility (Canada) version of my phone. Of course Bell themselves will not give it up (I am not sure their techies even understood what I was asking for), and their "support" suggestions essentially consisted of "create more landfill and buy more stuff".

I am comfortable enough using one of cmd line utilities to upload a BIN file from a n SD card (thanks Ehud) but where to get that file?

WOULD ANY MEMBER BE WILLING TO POST A BIN FILE OR A LINK TO A FACTORY INSTALL FILE FOR A BELL MOBILITY AUDIOVOX PPC-6600? If some palm greasing is required I am open to talking about it; I really like my 6600 and would like a bit more mileage out of it as nothing I have seen lately seems to combine all of the features I like in a truly IMPROVED package.
    Thanks in advance to the fourm members!!

I would assume that you could use any Sprint/Verizon rom.

CanuckLock

Nope, I tried that. The VZ and SP bios install's squawk that my units "Country Code" is wrong. I'd like to get an "unlocked" bios, if such a thing exists. I am not sure if "unlocking" a phone is applied at the bios level, more RTFM'ing to be done there

Thanks for the response though, I was worried there were no more 6600 users out there!

Resolved by RTFM'ing - Coincidence? I think NOT!

I managed to update the ROM with the update on Ehud's site in the folder "ROM updates from elsewhere". It had to be installed twice as it balked at the country code in my unit as well (but didn't balk on the second try - which the VZ and SP ones did).