+ Reply to Thread

Angry flash xv6600 to midwest wireless rom?

OK, so I'm going crazy here. I have been enjoying flashing my alltel 6700 with the Helmi_C 6.0 & 6.1 ROM's, and I need a backup phone. I own 2 xv6600's that I'd like to flash (at least one) to use on Alltel's network. Alltel didn't carry the 6600, but they bought out Midwest Wireless, who did. I was a Midwest Wireless customer at the time of the buyout. Before the buyout, I had one of my xv's and they said that Verizon's units were the easiest to flash, even though there's a chance I would end up with no data, etc, or a brick. I procrastinated way too long, until the buyout. Alltel will not flash any phones. I am very upset that I waited too long. I could have had a 6600 working on Alltel. I downloaded the Midwest Wireless ROM, I got the country..... blah, blah, blah crap. Is there any way around this? I've searched, searched, and searched some more, with 0 success. I am banging my head on the wall trying to figure this out. Please help me!!! (Or just tell me I'm nuts, and I need to forget about it, IF that's KNOWN to be the only solution.)

Thanks.
    -Josh

Josh... I'm looking to get my 6600 Midwest Wireless (Altell) flashed to Verizon. I have gotten the basic phone to work with Verizon, but I would like to take advantage of the other Verizon features, which I haven't been able to do since it is still flashed to Midwest Wireless (Alltel). If there are no options for us, maybe we could do a swap? Thoughts?

Sounds like a plan.... You in MN? Send me a PM.

Any further thoughts on a swap of devices?

Yeah, sorry I've been really busy lately. I'll be online more this weekend.

Just PM me when you get the time. Thanks.