+ Reply to Thread

xv6600 memory support?

I have recently bought a 4gb transcend sd memory card for my xv6600. I put it in my phone and it worked. I added all my music to the card and it worked fine all day. Last night i tried to put a few more songs i left out and it said i had an error, so i went to the card to look at my files and there was nothing there. The memory said i still had 203.85mb used up on it but there was no files on it. The questions is, does my xv6600 support the 4gb card or does it only support the mini-sd cards that are 2gb?

This phone supports sd's up to 4 gb non HC. I think the files are corrupted in your cards. This happened to me on another transcend. Make sure if you replace the card to get one that has file error corrections. The regular sd's or 45x do not have this feature and you run the risk of corrupting youur files.

ok thanx, i just reloaded all my music and movies onto it and its working fine now, I just still have the memory from those corrupted files that i can't delete, but ill wait till the memory card crashes until i get a new one

Possibly *too* converged! Gare_NY's Avatar
    Your issue is that your card is SDHC. As mentioned, our device only handles non-SDHC cards, and there are none above the 4 gig range that I know of.

Here is the one I use, and it works flawlessly: Transcend 4 GB Secure Digital (SD) Card - TS4GSD133 - Buy.com

It's a great card, and you can't beat it at $7.95.

Gare_NY
    'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer'

i have the non-SDHC card you are talking about, i have the exact card that you have

Well that's a coinkidiny.

My apologies, I thought you had an SDHC card. In any event, I make very heavy use of an awesome application called "SK Tools". In addition to some of it's other capabilities (full system backup, registry tweaks, etc), it also has a complete SD card maintenance tool, allowing you to re-format the card (which it sounds like yours might need).

Just an idea.

Gare_NY
    'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer'

its ok, and what does formatting the card do? i have heard about that before but never really looked into it

Well, it wipes the card clean, just like a format of your hard drive would do.

I first made use of SK Tools when a 2-gig card of mine went wonky: crazy directory names, un-deletable files, etc. SK Tools wiped it clean and allowed me to make full use of the card again. I've also done such fun little things witht eh Tweaks tool as replace the time in the title bar with time and date, and added a 'Disconnect' button to my Connectivity icon in the title bar (the little 2-way arrow symbol thingie). It's a neat little app.

Gare_NY

ok thanx, ill try it out and if i have any problems ill message u back

ok, i could only find the trial version, but how do i clean off my memory card, i cleaned everything else on the phone i just cant get to the memory card?

Hi,

When SK Tool starts, click on "Category" in the lower left.

Now click "Maintenance"

Then "Storage Cards"

It will show two storage places at the top: Storage, and Storage Card.

Click on Storage Card to highlight it.

Click on "Action" at the lower left.

"Format".

Also, in this trial version, it will only let you see six things in the listings at the top of the screen (for instance, if you wanted to review your "Installed Programs", you can only see six of them, as opposed to all). However, this does not hinder you from backing up your system, and you can even keep the last six backups.

Finally, for another cool tweak:

Start SK Tools

"Category"

"Standard"

"Tune Up!"

At the bottom - "System Tweaks"

Scroll down and click on "Date and time on top bar"

Up top, you have several choices - choose "Date and time".
    It will require a soft reset to see it.

(Wanna do an easy Soft Reset? Restart SK Tools, then at teh bottom "Tools", then "Reset", then "Soft Reset".)

Have fun!

Gare_NY

thanks man, it worked just fine