+ Reply to Thread

Mac User

Is there anyone here using a mac?

I would like to know if there is a way to use the 6601 as a modem using a mac?

so all I need is a modem script?

i too am a mac user. on a somewhat related note, i have been waiting for pocketmac to update the usb driver to include this device, i talked to them a week ago about the issue and have not heard back on the timetable yet. i really don't want to use missing sync. if i hear anything i'll post it.

e

So Hat, it sounds like regardless of whether you have PocketMac, MissingSync, or nothing, there's no current way to use the PocketPC as a modem for the Mac over USB or Bluetooth, because of script dependency?

USB / Bluetooth modem connection with Mac

Anyoe have any luck using the 6600 with a mac as a high speed modem?

Howto use your XV6600 as a modem on MacOS X

Since I could not find anything about it, I put together a howto. Not the easiest thing, but i think its worth it.

Howto use your XV6600 as a modem on MacOS X

Manos

That is very impressive work!

Also, there is a link in the FAQ here on how to get it to work, and it is a little different but works - However, the other way makes me click on an "accept" button on the XV6600 everytime I try to dial out via bluetooth. That means that even though the mac and the 6600 are paired already, the XV6600 doesn't automatically trust the Mac.

Does your way fix that?
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

there's no way to do this via USB? I have an old a first gen TiBook that doesn't have Bluetooth. Maybe I'll just get an adapter or something...

larry, is the "accept" prompt on the phone? Check under bluetooth->settings, select dialup networking, and uncheck the "authorizzation required"

Manos

yes, the prompt is on the phone, to accept the incoming DUN session. Same thing happens when use my Zire 72 to dial out via the XV6600, the phone asks if it is okay.

I went to the bluetooth icon, then chose bluetooth settings, went to the "services" tab, scrolled down to DUN, and turned off authorization required, and that fixed it!

I left it to only accept paired devices so I don't get blujacked...
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Very cool.

Has anyone tried to make this work with SprintPCS?

Well,I picked up my 6600 from my local Sprint Store today, and I can confirm this solution works fine on SprintPCS.

The performance is about on par with what I am getting on the samsung i500 via USB (130k).

Very cool.

Post VX6600 & Macintosh

I have been trying to research these forums for a while and I still have no luck in figuring out how I would connect my vx6600 Verizon EVDO phone with my laptop using Bluetooth as a modem. What modem script do I use? Where do I get it? How do I configure the device? Please help.

dmf

XV6600 as MAC "USB" modem

After searching through the forums I know that this subject has been discussed in the past but has never really gotten anywhere and always somehow circles back to using the device as a Bluetooth modem.

Because of the speed limitations with the Bluetooth solution I would really like to see this thread only focus on any solutions for using the XV6600 as a USB modem. Unless, anyone has figured out how to work around the Bluetooth speed limitations. Obviously any help would be extremely appreciated by all of us Mac users!

–dmf

Thank you for moving this post into the thread that seems to have shifted more toward the discussion of how to use the 660x as a bluetooth modem. I am sure that this placement will be sure to answer the specific question of using the device as a USB modem. That was a good catch we almost had two different threads discussing completely different solutions.
    Last edited by dmf; 06-26-2005 at 08:46 PM.

I noticed that the link to learn how to connect is not up anymore, could someone explain how to?