+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

PPC6601 Case - Pictures

Someone requested pictures of the case, so here you go. It is a very compact holster where the device goes in horizontally. I don't prefer this kind of case myself, but if you like this type.. then this one is probably very usable. I've gone a little bigger on my pictures so you get a better closeup.

This is a front view, what someone would see on your belt.

This is the view from the back. You can see the belt clip there, and the flap folded up. Notice that there is no hole for the camera on this case.

Looking down from the top, you'd see this view. For those complaining that Voice Command doesn't work directly from the Bluetooth headset, you can see that the Record button is nicely positioned. If you reprogrammed that to launch VC, then you'd be able to easily initiate a call without removing your PPC6601 from the case.

From the bottom view, you can see that its open so you can easily remove the pdaPhone.

Finally, you can see the flap opened up. There is a magnetic snap looking connector that pulls itself locked when close. It seems to have enough hold to keep itself shut, but you'll have to judge that for yourself.

Mike - Been Converged?

Administrator
    yuk....

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    yuk....
    Agreed. It looks like I could do that with a Tandy kit and my old canvas gym bag. Oh well, gotta keep EB, Covertec, Rhinoskin, etc...in business.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Yeah, it is pretty hideous. I actually use my h6315 case for the time being, as it is bigger and all leather, and holds extra SD cards. I'm waiting patiently for my EB Cases Slipper for the XDA III to come.
    John

Originally posted by jpmihalk
    Yeah, it is pretty hideous. I actually use my h6315 case for the time being, as it is bigger and all leather, and holds extra SD cards. I'm waiting patiently for my EB Cases Slipper for the XDA III to come.
    Is the above case the same one that came with the PDA2K, John?

Originally posted by mwfielder
    Is the above case the same one that came with the PDA2K, John?
    Sure is. (Unfortunately.) I really liked the original i-mate case.... nice leather case with a flip top, pockets for SD cards, a hole for the camera, and a sweet belt clip.
    John

bump so people can see the case it comes with....

This may be the only thing that looks worse than the i700 man-purse.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Maximum..... Hey Hey there, you're talking crazy talk. Nothing to date is worse than the i700 Man-Purse. This one at least goes on the belt! The Man-Purse had a crappy wrist strap.

The one thing the man-purse had going for it was that it wasn't much to look at but it's semi-hard exterior offered great protection. This won't win for looks or protection.

Just look at the thing! All I would need to do is put a gucci strap on the i700 case and my wife would be good to go.

Ya know, this case is like buing a Mercedes and getting cloth seats!

What's wrong with these people that charge over $600 for a device and give us a case that looks like it fell out of a big red monkeys butt?? Usually, when you buy high end, you get nice accessories. Can you imagine spending 80k on a Mercedes and them putting in vinyl seats? We shouldn't have to depend on aftermarket to do the job. The same goes for the Treo 600. What a useless case that was.
    Ascii stupid question, get a stupid Ansi.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Originally posted by Bristolview
    Maximum..... Hey Hey there, you're talking crazy talk. Nothing to date is worse than the i700 Man-Purse. This one at least goes on the belt! The Man-Purse had a crappy wrist strap.
    I have to agree with on that one. This case is usable. The man purse wasn't very usable in any situation that I can think of.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Originally posted by Convergent
    I have to agree with on that one. This case is usable. The man purse wasn't very usable in any situation that I can think of.
    What if you needed a handbag to go with that "little black dress"?