+ Reply to Thread

Speakerphone/Phone Lock

Can someone explain how to engage speakerphone and how to lock the phone keypad so it does not dial on its own. I came home to a 30 second message from myself...bad juju if that dials the wrong number at the wrong time. Also speakerphone is supposed to come from holding down Talk but no dice!!! THANKS!!

Works for Me

Holding down the green phone key (Talk) turns the speakerphone on for me if the call is in progress.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Mine came setup so the only button that works is the power button, when the device is dormant. I remember seeing a setting to turn that on or off... I think it was in the keyboard settings. That's your only option for locking. Then to turn it on you just hit the power button first. Incoming calls will unlock it for you so you can take the call.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Hi erpeters3,
    You can enable button lock to lock all buttons except the power button. This will enable you to hit the power button to turn off the screen (works while you're still in a call but "end call" button will turn the phone back on) and will stop those annoying accidental recordings, pictures fron hitting the camera button etc etc.
    Go to "Start" > "Settings" > "System" tab and choose the "button lock" icon and select the radio button "Lock all buttons ....".
    Cheers - Mike.

OK, thanks for the help so far...I figured out that only the hard TALK key, not the soft TALK key works speakerphone...the issue I have with the phone lock is that my phone does auto on for every message, new email, etc...then it is burning battery and the phone is no longer locked becasue it is on. It does this in the case and then dials when I bump it, etc...thoughts???

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    Where are the hard and soft talk keys? I only see the green hard one..
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

The "soft talk key" is on the touchscreen when in the phone app. You can touch and hold the number keys for speeddial/voicemail but for speakerphone you must use the hardware key at the bottom of the phone.