+ Reply to Thread

help cannot send email from my ppc

I don't know why but I cannot send email frommy ppc. i can recieve email but cannot send it. I remember on my xdaII i also had the same problem something like they cannot be from different server. Can anyone help? ihave authorized checked.

thanks

jaz

boe
    I had the same issue - when I set up the account from the SPrint web page. However when I manually set it up in the device it worked. I can't explain why. Are you using your own domain's SMTP gateway - I am without issue.
    Want better phone selection from Sprint? http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...ease-read.html

yes I am using my own smtp gateway. The strange thing was when i first set up my email all worked but now it does not.

TZ5

Unhappy

I also have the same problem. I can receive emails but every time I try to send I receive a message from administrator that my message recipient is invalid. I manually set it up and deleted and redid 100 times nothing works. Anyone have advice? Thanks in advance!

yes can anyone help?

boe
    Authentication being checked and using the PDA to set up the account - not the web page are the only things I can recommend.
    Want better phone selection from Sprint? http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...ease-read.html

i remember my xda from tmobile could only send email if my smtp I used my.tmobile.com is there anything i need to put for smtp?

boe
    I used my own smtp gateway and checked the box for requires authentication. I did not use the sprint smtp gateway - that one failed for me. BTW hotmail does not work properly with sprint if that is what you are trying to set up.

if you have relay blocked on your smtp gateway what do you tell your gateway to "allow" so that email can go throug? I was told my corporate server would see the traffic as coming from smtp.sprintpcs.com but that "hole" isn't working. The server is seing something like area5.sprintdns.com or something along those lines when the phone makes the request. That "hole" isn't working either though.

TZ5
    Originally posted by boe
    Authentication being checked and using the PDA to set up the account - not the web page are the only things I can recommend.
    I tried these, neither worked, so unfortunately had to waste forever on hold w/ Sprint. They're telling me PCS mail has been "down" for 3 days & that's why I cannot send any pcs email. Anyone else told this?

i got mine working. Strange it works sometimes and it doesn't other times. unrealiable.