+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Well I Did It

Well I Did It

Just called Sprint tele-sales and ordered a 6601. It will be here tommorrow (shipping was only $7 total for overnight). For those interested the return policy is 14 days from the day you activate the phone. I figure this will give me two weeks to decide if I really want it or wait for the 6600 or if the battery life is absolutely terrible or I find I can't live with the larger size - whether I'd rather have a 650. I really haven't lost anything (other than the cost of shipping) and it gives me something else to use for two weeks besides my 300. There were no questions at all about whether I was a business or not. In fact the entire transaction only took about 3 minutes and the person was very nice to deal with.
    Last edited by wolfpackfan; 11-16-2004 at 11:36 AM.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Good for you! Make sure to keep us posted as you progress.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Re: Well I Did It

Originally posted by wolfpackfan
    Just called Sprint tele-sales and ordered a 6601. It will be here tommorrow (shipping was only $7 total for overnight). For those interested the return policy is 14 days from the day you activate the phone. I figure this will give me two weeks to decide if I really want it or wait for the 6600 or if the battery life is absolutely terrible or I find I can't live with the larger size - whether I'd rather have a 650. I really haven't lost anything (other than the cost of shipping) and it gives me something else to use for two weeks besides my 300. There were no questions at all about whether I was a business or not. In fact the entire transaction only took about 3 minutes and the person was very nice to deal with.
    Hi

What is the Tel # to call to order one ?

Thanks

Go to sprint.com. Then go to Business and look up the 6601. I just used the number on that page.

Hey Wolfpack -- good for you. Typical Sprint: When I asked yesterday the rep emphatically told me that the phone could be shipped UPS ground only, no overnight, period. I just called telesales and lo and behold, next day_is_ indeed possible, but I called too late in the day and I'm flying out of here (Louisville, KY) to NYC Thursday mornng. So I'll have to hang on until early next week. Hope your experience is a positive one -- I'll be very curious to hear a report (especially battery life).

Update: I decided to order today anyway on the oft chance that I'll get it before I leave on Thursday (lots of people here who can sign for it in my absence anyway). Turns out that Sprint's warehouse is right where I live -- Louisville -- but unfortunately there's no way (I'm told) to arrange for a pickup in person. It also means I have to pay tax on the phone, which wasn't fun, but I would if I bought it in the store, so no catastrophe. I did get a great telesales agent, though -- name of Joe Meunier out of Kansas City.

Now all I have to do is tell my wife how much I spent....

best...aa.
    Last edited by andyadler; 11-16-2004 at 04:29 PM.