+ Reply to Thread

Just say no to the hideous original case!

EB Cases has updated their line to have a Slipper case for the XDAIII. Check it out here. Now you can get something cool for your new cool device!
    Last edited by mwfielder; 11-16-2004 at 04:52 PM.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    I wouldn't call it hideous... the EB Slipper is actually my favorite case. But, I just learned that you can't slide out the keyboard without removing it from the case, so this will severely limit it for me. The Slipper is a very snug fit, and I wouldn't want to have keep taking it out and putting it into the case. I honestly can't think of how someone would make a case for this thing, that allows you to use it in the case. I'm sure someone will figure it out, though.
    Mike - Been Converged?

I'm thinking I just want a pouch type case but not the one that came with it. I want a simple vertical pouch, no clip. In fact I think I already have one. It looks from the dimensions that my Dell Axim case should fit it perfectly.

I may just go with eGrips on this guy.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    Originally posted by Convergent
    I may just go with eGrips on this guy.
    I wrote eGrips yesterday and offered my non-functional phone to them to design a new eGrip. No response yet.

Which version of the eGrip would be close enough to use on the PPC-6601? The XDA II?
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

Originally posted by Convergent
    I wouldn't call it hideous... the EB Slipper is actually my favorite case. But, I just learned that you can't slide out the keyboard without removing it from the case, so this will severely limit it for me. The Slipper is a very snug fit, and I wouldn't want to have keep taking it out and putting it into the case. I honestly can't think of how someone would make a case for this thing, that allows you to use it in the case. I'm sure someone will figure it out, though.
    Whoops--just reread my post and I think it came out wrong. I meant that the OEM case is hideous (thinking of the pics you posted) and that a nice EB case is now available. I have used two EB cases for my i700 (the Copilot and the Slipper) and I absolutely love them. Sorry for the misunderstanding! (edited the original post)
    Jeremiah 29:11

Ah... OK, I get you now. I thought you were saying EB was hideous... lol.

As for eGrips.. Talk to Fred Antonini who is the inventor and owner of the company. His email is fantonini AT flexibleinnovations.com , you will need to replace "AT" with "@". They make an outstanding product... tell him Mike from pdaPhoneHome sent you.
    Mike - Been Converged?