+ Reply to Thread

A Few Good Questions...

OK, here we go...

1. How do I turn off that annoying roaming beep?

I know I can disable the roaming option and stay on Sprints network, but since I don't pay the cell bill roaming is ok. Is there another way around it....or do I need to dial up my selective hearing mechanism (which my wife thoroughly enjoys )?

2. Email- Man Outlook is slow. Is there a better solution? I know someone mentioned "Seven", and I did sign up for it (hopefully they return my request), but just in case they are full, I am wondering what better options are available.

3. Winmodem- I really do not understand how this works. I disable the active sync, and push start. Is there anything else that I must do? Like setup a connection or something? It's probably simple and I am looking right past it. But then again I am new to the whole PPC thing, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did perform some rudimentiary searches and did not find much help. Therefore, I turn to the gurus for advice

Thanks in advance
    I have enough trouble overcoming my own limitations without fretting over the fact that God hasn't seen fit to distribute evenly the gift of intelligence.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    1. I don't think there is anything you can do about this one... unless someone has a registry hack for it.

2. I have just started using WebIS Mail (the makers of Pocket Informant which I love). Its too early to tell if it is any faster, but it has a lot of options beyond what Pocket Outlook has. One thing to keep in mind with PO is that it downloads all your mail every time you sync... even if it is already downloaded. So you really want to keep your in basket empty if you want the sync to be quick. I just use it for checking while away from my desk... and nothing more. I am now looking into IMAP and whether I want to try actually being able to manage my mail with both. The problem is that I get so much mail, it would be a lot to deal with on the Pocket PC.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Oh yeah, one more thing with Outlook- I have it set to automatically retreive mail....but it never does. Any idea why?

Thanks again.....

Oh yeah, thanks Convergent, keep me posted about WebIS Mail. I am open to anything that works.
    I have enough trouble overcoming my own limitations without fretting over the fact that God hasn't seen fit to distribute evenly the gift of intelligence.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    If you have it set to automatically retrieve, then it should do it.
    Mike - Been Converged?