+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunderhawk

thunderhawk

anyone try thunderhawk as a browser replacement? It does a great job of scaling the pages to fit and still be really readable in most cases. I've found it quite fast when it works. It seems to lock up my phone quite regularly, though, so I uninstalled it. I'd love to see it work since it does look very, very nice... It goes totally full screen -- no borders whatsoever.

TZ5
    I have same issue, it constantly locks up my 6601. I used it on G1000 w/ no issues at all, so I don't understand the problem. I downloaded the "others" link on their website where it says pick your device because I didn't see the 6601 listed. Was this wrong?

send an email to thunderhawk. they will send you a debug version which will help them hunt down the problem and they will hopefully fix the issues for other 6601 users... I've given up on the app because I'm about ready to box this damn phone up and send it back. I've got no end of "quirks" with windows mobile 2003 and though I think the ppc6601 is an awesome piece of hardware, I'm growing weary of the O.S

TZ5

Unhappy

I actually just ordered a return kit. After using a G1000 w/ no issues whatsoever, I've really had it w/ this phone. Certain people have certain issues, but every time I use it there's another issue to deal with. Then I call Sprint, hold forever & either get conveniently disconnected or an idiotic rep. I've never used a phone/pda w/ so many issues. I'm just really disgusted I guess after waiting so long for this thing! I'll give it until the return kit arrives, then if it's no better...Adios!!!

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    TZ5,

What kind of issues are you having?
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

TZ5
    Originally posted by really fat kid
    TZ5,

What kind of issues are you having?
    First is the PCS mail issue which makes me furious . First I could receive messages but not send any. Now I cannot even receive them. I tried getting my messages off the website, but as soon as I log into my account on web it locks up & won't go any further. Next my phone connects to web without my prompting it so then people call & calls go to voicemail. Other times I'm trying to connect and it tells me to reset phone & try again. Then I try Thawk, & it constantly locks up my phone. I just did a hard reset hoping for luck w/ PCS mail & Thawk, but no luck. I'm really upset right now. I paid 600 whatever dollars for this & I cannot even use it right

TZ5

Angry

This is unreal!!! After posting my last comment I had to log out, then a couple minutes later got back onto forum...or tried to!! I got another crazy error message telling me to "insert a modem" in order to connect. Repeatedly tried to connect w/ failing, finally hard reset & here I am again! What the heck is going on...am I jinxed w/ this phone or what!!

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Well, the PCS mail problems I don't think are the phone... so I wouldn't hold that against it. The Thunderhawk issue is probably an incompatibility with WM2003SE, would be my guess. Don't know why its starting IE by itself. I'd pull everything off the device (hard reset), and try to use it like that for a bit. See if you have any issues. Then try introducing other items again. I've never cared for using the carrier's mail before, because then if you switch carriers you lose your mail... the device seems to work fine with me on a standard POP email account.

The insert modem thing is a new one... I'd recommend the same thing of going back and starting from scratch. I've got quite a few things loaded on mine and it's been very stable. A lot of times instablility can be caused by a rogue application, and since this is one of the first WM2003SE devices, its likely some apps will have a problem.
    Mike - Been Converged?

TZ5
    Thanks alot for all the advice-I'll wipe everything out & just use what's on phone originally for awhile. Would you happen to know how I can access my SprintPCS mail other than with the messaging software that's on the phone since I cannot get it to work at all now?? Thanks in advance!!!

Convergent,
    I see you don't reccomend using sprint mail if one changes their carrier. My ISP is ACN. american communications network, Very Small. Does my PC need to be connected to the web to receive email on a ppc-6601? Thanks

Administrator
    hmm.. if you change carriers and you were using sprint mail, then yur mail would be cut off?!

if you want to get your mail wirelessly on your phone you dont have to use the pc. IF your phoneis in the cradle and you have pass thru active, then when yohu get new mail. activesync will pass it onto your phone whiles its in the cradle...

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Maybe I'm confused about SprintMail. I thought that was just an email address they gave you to use with your phone... something@sprintpcs.com, right? I was just saying that I use a regular email account instead of that... that way I'm not tied to them... I can get my mail on my PC, on my phone, on the web, anywhere. If I'm confusing this, I apologize because I've never used Sprints mail address before.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Permanently Converged
    I just had a nice eMail exchange with the ThunderHawk folks at biststream. They recommend using the 'Audivox Maestro and Thera' download selection for use on the 6600 and 6601. They would not, of course, commit to a time frame for a direct support version, but anticipated it would be forthcoming. Of note, they did say that their database(s) had not shown any significant increase in requests to support these new phones. Not surprising, given how new they are, but a word to the wise--"You don't ask, you won't get." They are paying attention--talk to them.

PPC6600 ROM=1.36.00 Ext=1.36.113 MannieBothans's Avatar
    So has anyone been having any better results with the Maestro and Thera' download?

Thunderhawk

Is thunder hawk working properly on our phones yet? I noticed e download has a newer date but my registration expired and I dont want to pay for it if its not working yet.

What version is out now?
    Jeremiah 29:11

I was running 2.021 and experienced the "blinking eye of death" more than once on my VZW XV. The new version is 2.024. So far, after 10 minutes of playing with it, all seems well. We'll see if the BED issue is gone soon enough though...

keep us updated its a pricey peice of software
    Im bitter, why cant I get a VGA pda phone phone with a high speed data carrier in the US? is that to much to ask?

Hmmm. I have been using TH with no problems. I got a version sent to me from Bitstream a while back that doesn't check for a "compatible" PocketPC, it runs on any one you install it on. I don't know if they updated their public downloads with it yet or do they still have the version that will fail install if not an officially supported PPC.

same problems and it wont uninstall. now have 3 icons in programs. when it did work it was interesting, but for now itsw trash

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast