+ Reply to Thread

ppc6601 shoutcast mp3

Ya know i hate when i have to sellect a shoutcast stream though open file command. is there anyway to just click the *.pls from shoutcast.com and have the Mp3 player software associate the file and open the mp3 player. my treo 600 did this it sseems to be a pain on my ppc6601 and my G1000 pocketpc's. Personaly i dont want to go and try every player out there in order for me to determine what works and what doesnt

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    Gsplayer is really good for .pls files, but I cant remember if you have to do the file/open command once or every time you want to open a .pls.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

yah you do it sucks i hate it soo inconvinient. i installed pocketmind pocketmusic really quick to see if it might work

The best way to play both Shoutcast and Live365 streams is to create the m3u playlist files on your desktop PC using WinAmp and then move them to your SD card and just open them in gsplayer. Works great. I've got probably 15-20 streams setup like this.

Ok PERFECT!!!! my pocketmusic opens and plays the .pls without file open. nice for a player that the serial is everywhere on the net damn its actualy pretty nice too
    MotoQ HELO Q Sprint ROCKS
    PPC6601 Harrier THE TREONATOR
    Phones I have Treo300,Treo600,Treo650,G1000,PPC6600/1,PPC6700,MotoQ

The only thing I don't like about PocketMusic is that when you load files to the playlist, if you don't say sort the playlist the entries seem to be in random order and if you do say sort, it takes so long to load the directory. Now I have to admit some of my mp3 directories have 100 songs or more.

basicly now the device rocks. I hated gsplayer for not auto loading *.pls files. this pocketmusic is very sweet to have in winamp mode. makes me feel like im working on a XP machine. Now i gotta load my irc client anyone have a good one??????? this device Rocks anyone says otherwise deserves a gerbal up there ass

It is possible to associate pls files with GSPlayer by opening the tool>options>associations menu option in GSPlayer. Then select Playlist Files and click OK.
    Mick

Regarding gsplayer vs. PocketMusic. I have both on my Dell Axim and keep switching back and forth. They both have some great features and some not-so great ones. PocketMusic appears to be alot more polished than gsplayer, which has a rather plain interface - but IMO gsplayer just seems to do things faster. Now alot of the speed differences is in playing files off my desktop PC via WiFi. Since I won't be doing this on the 6601, I will probably start off with PM and then make the decision whether to load gsplayer.

Originally posted by pdaman
    basicly now the device rocks...
    Haha, literally rocks. I have PocketMusic on my G1000 and I love it. I will absolutely be using it on the PPC6600 when I get one (after it is finally released).

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    basicly now the device rocks. I hated gsplayer for not auto loading *.pls files. this pocketmusic is very sweet to have in winamp mode. makes me feel like im working on a XP machine. Now i gotta load my irc client anyone have a good one??????? this device Rocks anyone says otherwise deserves a gerbal up there ###
    Agile Communicator is free, and does IRQ, AIM, MSN, and Yahoo. It will keep the connection busy which will be hard on your battery, though.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Re: ppc6601 shoutcast mp3

I may have misunderstood but when I select a WMP stream from shoutcast in PIE it automatically opens the stream in windows media player, I dont have to mess around with pls files like I used to .

Ya know i hate when i have to sellect a shoutcast stream though open file command. is there anyway to just click the *.pls from shoutcast.com and have the Mp3 player software associate the file and open the mp3 player. my treo 600 did this it sseems to be a pain on my ppc6601 and my G1000 pocketpc's. Personaly i dont want to go and try every player out there in order for me to determine what works and what doesnt

What I like to do is keep my favorite PLS files in one place, i.e. My Documents/Shoutcast files. Then I map GS player to open into this folder. That way, I don't have to open PIE and navigate to Shoutcast, I just connect to the web and open GS Player, and click on the pls of my choice.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Originally posted by mwfielder
    What I like to do is keep my favorite PLS files in one place, i.e. My Documents/Shoutcast files. Then I map GS player to open into this folder. That way, I don't have to open PIE and navigate to Shoutcast, I just connect to the web and open GS Player, and click on the pls of my choice.
    I use Pocket Plus to put icons for a few stations directly on my Today screen. If I'm connected to the net, I just tap an icon and GSPlayer starts.
    Mick