+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PPC6601 Best Software to load on

Well guys ive been using the device for a good week. I personally love the device. Just hate lugging around my cradle i need a car and home charger. but i wanted to start up a list of awsome software specific to the ppc6601 and not use a software list from another phone. Now i hope the moderators dont get mad at me for starting this thread. I hope not, but id like to list the software titles i currently use on my device on a daily basis to get me by.

Messaging: Agile Messaanger (rocks my world seen some bugs in beta)

Email: Preinstalled Outlook (up to the second in forum updates)

Mp3/Shoutcasting: Pocketmusic (just installed LOVE IT)

GAMES: ok NINTENDO ROM EMU PocketNester (thing rocks for those long days in the restroom i have every nintendo rom loaded on my gig card)

soo far this is what i have loaded. I wish someone developed multiplayer gaming over vision id love to have a PDAphonehome game for us like warcraft/cnc or something hehe jk.

Ugh, Agile just burnt out 40% of my battery running for an hour and a half. Soooo dissappointed in that, other than that situation, awesome device. Just installed PocketPlus to make it more gooder!

Pocket Plus is great. Sprite Backup is a much better B/U app that the one that is currently on it.

http://www.spritesoftware.com/home.html
    I have enough trouble overcoming my own limitations without fretting over the fact that God hasn't seen fit to distribute evenly the gift of intelligence.

20.00 for Sprite is kind of pricey... I don't mind waiting the half hour to back up. Just usually let it sit in my pocket while it does its thing.

Streaming music on this thing over Vision is AMAZING. The other day I was at the gym and was able to stream a good 2 hours of Shoutcast and di.fm with no interruptions in service, sound was amazing, no dropouts no buffering. You can stream shoutcast over windows media player BTW.

Would also recommend MS voice command to add voice dialing, it is simply amazing at recognizing your voice, no training needed. Other must haves are Resco Explorer and Textmaker.
    iPhone 3GS !!

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    Streaming music on this thing over Vision is AMAZING. The other day I was at the gym and was able to stream a good 2 hours of Shoutcast and di.fm with no interruptions in service, sound was amazing, no dropouts no buffering. You can stream shoutcast over windows media player BTW.

Would also recommend MS voice command to add voice dialing, it is simply amazing at recognizing your voice, no training needed. Other must haves are Resco Explorer and Textmaker.
    What does it mean to stream 2 hours of Shoutcast? Not sure what that is, SORRY huge newbie here, Where can I get shoutcast? Oh, and where can I get MS Voice Command?
    Last edited by soonerbred03; 11-17-2004 at 04:23 PM.

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

Steaming means that he listened to an online radio station. Steaming is downloading a UDP broadcast (not TCP, where the arrival of packets must be confirmed by the receiver before the more data packets are sent). To check out some online radio stations that you can stream from, check out

www.shoutcast.com

If you have winamp and a broadband connection, you can listen to over 10,000 different online radio stations all over the world.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

Originally posted by really fat kid
    Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

Steaming means that he listened to an online radio station. Steaming is downloading a UDP broadcast (not TCP, where the arrival of packets must be confirmed by the receiver before the more data packets are sent). To check out some online radio stations that you can stream from, check out

www.shoutcast.com

If you have winamp and a broadband connection, you can listen to over 10,000 different online radio stations all over the world.
    Hey not to thread crap... but I am a teacher. There are stupid questions from stupid people. Any teacher who says that there aren't stupid questions is lying and trying to tell the students something that isn't true.

Not to say streaming audio question was a stupid one. Just had to interject

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    Trust me, unless someone is TRYING to be stupid (ie. waste time by asking a question that they already know the answer to), there are no stupid questions. .

To NOT ask a question in fear of looking inexperienced, is stupid.

Having enough humility to ask a question (admitting to someone else that you DON'T know something) is one of the smartest things someone can do.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

No, at least in this case Darth Pooh is right. I do know what Streaming is, just didn't know about Shoutcast. Thanks for the help. I will try to limit the stupid questions, but I assure you I will have a few more. LIKE...

I haven't been able to play the shoutcast .pls file I downloaded. I have it in my pocketmusic winamp mode, but nothing will play.

Also, where can I get Pocketplus and MS Voicem Command.

I would say these questions are more ignorance than stupidity, but I don't mind either way if it helps me learn more about this PPC. Thanks

Originally posted by soonerbred03
    Also, where can I get Pocketplus and MS Voicem Command.
    They should be available at handango.com and pocketgear.com...
    John

Go to Pocket Gear. SPB Pocket Plus is usually at the top of the best sellers list, but if you don't see it, just type "pocket plus" into the search engine. I didn't post the direct link, because I think if you do it this way, pdaphonehome gets a little love for referring you.

Same thing with Handango for Microsoft Voice Command, although I couldn't get the link working as I type this. If you can't get it to open, just try this.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    One of the FIRST applications that gets loaded on every Pocket PC that I've used is Pocket Informant. I find the built-in PIM applications to be very lacking. Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion are two very capable and mature replacement programs that both have a large install base.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Mike--I assumed that if we go to Handango or Pocket Gear via the link on the Store page, this sites gets a credit or something like that?
    Jeremiah 29:11

Must Have Apps for Treo 650 Switcher

I am tired of dealing with the Treo 650 and have decided to switch to the 6601. What are the must have apps? In peticular, I am looking for something similiar to Takephone. Also, is there a program like Keycaps that is needed?

Thanks for your help.

I don't think you will need Keycaps-like software since the keyboard is more like a regular keyboard with capslock etc.
    As for Takephone, you'll find the 66xx harder to use for phone calls one handed than the Treo but with Voice Command you won't need it. You miqht consider one of the contact replacement programs like Pocket Informant, as posted above , but I personally didn't like it.

Software

You need to download Intellidialer and Intellipad. Intellidialer works great for me, no more stylus to find a contact from the phone app. I also changed the Skin to an O2 skin courtesy of XDA developers

I finanlly found the links for these:
    Here they are

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...?p=68813#68813

I'll let you know if they work on a PPC-6601

Loud Beeping and Shout Cast

Is anyone having issues with a loud beeping during calls. I can't get shout cast to work help me!
    Micah

Hey, Micah...

You'll probably be a lot more satisfied with you experience in the forum if you:

1) Do a search for 'loud beeping during calls' before you post a question that's already been answered, and

2) Don't post under a topic of "Must have software for 660x", but rather under a completely new thread...

Just a suggestion...

Regards,

Ben
    Ben Freedman