Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Will have my 6600 for Verizon on Sat

I just spoke with my VZW corporate rep and was told that the Audiovox 6600 is shipping on Nov. 19th for B2B customers. I'll have mine on Saturday morning. Looks like I'll be back in the PPC world again.

The best thing about this is that EV-DO has launched for the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex so this is going to be better for me than Wifi. And finally, BLUETOOTH!

Can't wait to get this baby in my hands.
    Ascii stupid question, get a stupid Ansi.

cool. my NYC verizon rep said the 6600 would be available next week. pricing is around $520. i currently have the i700, but i'm not sure there are any compelling reasons to spend the $ to get the 6600.

Administrator
    do u mean the cam version, the "00", or the no cam version the "01"?

The 6600 with the camera. It is identical to the Sprint version except for the camera. And of course for the fact that VZW has launched the EV-DO in my area so it should be a pleasure to surf on.

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    do u mean the cam version, the "00", or the no cam version the "01"?

EV-DO

I read that 6600 does not support EV-DO can you confirm???

Re: EV-DO

According to my VZW rep the 6600 supports EV-DO on the Verizon network. I believe that the 6601 supports it as well but doesn't work because Sprint hasn't launched it yet. According to my rep, VZW will be launching several new EV-DO enabled devices in the very near future.

Originally posted by g.711
    I read that 6600 does not support EV-DO can you confirm???

What's "B2B"?

Also, I called tonight and was told that it still wasn't available. I'll try again tomorrow.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Administrator
    i expect to see pics taken from the 00 here and the video mode also homey! not concerned with -do.....

B2B is Business to Business. This is the VZW group that handles business accounts. Business accounts are generally privy to advance sales of certain business oriented devices such as PPC's and Blackberry's. The normal channels problaby don't know that the device is being launched as it's going out through business channels first. I doubt that asking Verizon about the 6600 before its official launch will yeild any positive results. However, the goiod news is, devices launched first through B2B are generally released very soon after through normal retail channels. After getting the Treo 600 through B2B, it was in the retail stores only a week later.

Originally posted by maximum
    What's "B2B"?

Also, I called tonight and was told that it still wasn't available. I'll try again tomorrow.

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    i expect to see pics taken from the 00 here and the video mode also homey! not concerned with -do.....
    Certainly. It of course will consume my entire weekend. My birthday is Sunday and I told my wife that I'd already bought my gift. Why that woman doesn't divorce me I'll never know. Anyway, I'll take some stills and some video of her "so ugly she's adorable" Pekinese puppy. I swear that dogs face looks like she been chasing parked cars. Anyway, you'll get a chance to see once I post them.

Is it Saturday YET!!??

Administrator
    looking forward to it homey!! im right behind you...

Lucky you.

I'm really hoping that they get this out through the normal channels sooner than later.

Will there be a camera and non-camera version of this pda available. I'm really only interested in the camera version (but I wasn't sure what Verizon was doing).

VERY curious to see what EVDO can do. Having the 6601 on Sprint is amazingly fast, EVDO must be insane!
    iPhone 3GS !!

Originally posted by maximum360
    Lucky you.

I'm really hoping that they get this out through the normal channels sooner than later.

Will there be a camera and non-camera version of this pda available. I'm really only interested in the camera version (but I wasn't sure what Verizon was doing).
    I didn't hear of the 6601 (non-camera) version) being released on VZW, but they did release the non-camera version of the Treo 600. So who knows? I'd say chances are good if it's made available to them.

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    VERY curious to see what EVDO can do. Having the 6601 on Sprint is amazingly fast, EVDO must be insane!
    As am I. I was a little put off with wifi not being included in the mix, but frankly, outside of home, I don't sit around in the normal wifi "hotspots". With EV-DO, it should be like carrying my hotspot around with me.

I can tell you that we have the EV-DO PC cards for our laptop users who travel at my company. I have used this card in my laptop extensively in my laptop since the launch of EV-DO in the Dallas Fort Worth area and it is very impressive. The newest edition of Laptop magazine (I think it's Laptop, I subscribe to so many) rated Verizons EV-DO service at 5 out of 5 stars and touted it as the only wireless broadband service of its kind to deliver what it promised.

Of course, I will post my experiance with the 6600's performance on EV-DO as soon as I spend some time with it. Based on the expericance with our laptop data cards, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Be sure to post in the speed test thread I started... I was going to close it, but now I'll have to wait for you to chime in...

Also, I don't recall seeing specs on the camera resolution... so I'm anxious to see snapshots taken with it.

And of course, you'll have to post all the other details that we've grown accustomed to from your investigative use of a new pdaPhone! That's awesome by the way.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Originally posted by cruiserman
    cool. my NYC verizon rep said the 6600 would be available next week. pricing is around $520. i currently have the i700, but i'm not sure there are any compelling reasons to spend the $ to get the 6600.
    You may be right, but it depends on what you want to do with it I guess.

It comes down to this...

- more memory
    - faster processor
    - integrated keyboard
    - bluetooth
    - WM2003SE
    - no antenna and new styling

There aren't any breakthrough issues there, but overall it adds up to a lot... we'll have to test how well you can sit and not get sucked into the wave of new device envy...
    Mike - Been Converged?

Originally posted by Convergent
    Be sure to post in the speed test thread I started... I was going to close it, but now I'll have to wait for you to chime in...

Also, I don't recall seeing specs on the camera resolution... so I'm anxious to see snapshots taken with it.

And of course, you'll have to post all the other details that we've grown accustomed to from your investigative use of a new pdaPhone! That's awesome by the way.
    Will do, and thanks. It's a pleasure to server here.

By the way, I'm not ditching my Blackberry since my job requires me to carry it, so I'll still be active in that group. However, if RIM gets it's software licensed to MS, that could change.

Congrats EH and happy b-day in advance!!!

My birthday was 3 weeks ago (and equus somehow missed it!) and I got the GSM version - the PDA2K - and a nice new unlocked v600. So many toys, so little time...
    John

Originally posted by EvilHomer
    Will do, and thanks. It's a pleasure to server here.

By the way, I'm not ditching my Blackberry since my job requires me to carry it, so I'll still be active in that group. However, if RIM gets it's software licensed to MS, that could change.
    I'm with you on that. If I could get the Blackberry client running on this... oooohhhhh .... I better stop....

Seriously, that would make my decade if and when they ever do that. It is very frustrating that they haven't got it out yet. I actually played with it on an XDA II at a conference last spring... about 9 months ago. I would have surely expected it to be on the streets by now.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast