+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power Button

Power Button

Well my new 6601 arrived. I'm still trying to get used to it. I'm not sure what happened but it only took an hour to fully charge the battery (at least the orange turned to green). One thing though - I can't figure out the power button. One press seems to turn off backlighting but I can't figure out the sequence to power it off. Sometimes pressing again turns it off but then sometimes it turns on backlighting. How does this button actually work. I guess the only disappointment is I'm used to my Dell Axim connected via WiFI and browsing using PIE is very fast. Browsing using Visions seems a whole lot slower. Maybe I am just spoiled by WiFi. I do love the landscape mode though. Anyway if anyone can explain the power button I'd appreciate it.

One quick short push turns it off. One hold turns off the backlight.

What does "off" mean. PDA is off or phon is off.

pushing the power shuts the pda, to shut the phone off, click on the signal meter and switch to airplane mode.

Also to turn the phone off you can use the red phone button (also has the power symbol on it) just hold it down for 3 seconds and the phone goes off ... hold again and it comes on.
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Actually, the PDA is never turned off completely, unless you remove the battery: the off button merely turns the display off (which is why it is easy to run the battery down if there are apps running in the background that continue running when the display is turned off--which can easily happen because clicking the x button minimizes apps without closing them, unless you have a task manager like Wisbar or Pocket Plus). This is because of the volative memory used for RAM, which would lose all of your ram data if you really turned it off.
    Mick