+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth voice dialing

Has anyone got voice dialing to work through a bluetooth headset. I have a Motorolla hs820, and would like to voice dial calls through it without having to handle the phone.

It's not going to work through the headset. It is apparenlty a software issue. I think you can set the Voice Command to work via the record button and initiate bluetooth calls that way but i haven't had time to play with much yet.

I have the same problem. The thing about the motorola Car kit is that it has its own voice dialing built into the device, but it requires a command from the phone for example: once paired you type #2# to initiate the settings on the motorola kit, But when you type #2# on the 6600 nothing happends. I think the problem lies in the fact that on the 6600 Bluetooth doesnt activate untill you send a call. is there a way to keep bluetooth always on active mode? so you can press buttons on the phone and have the bluetooth devise hear it?

Parrott CK3100

I have been tinkering a bit - I tried the Treo 650 because of the somewhat easier phone usability. In the process of doing that I saw that the Parrot CK 3100 was advertised on the Treocentral accessories page. So I ordered one.
    In Birmingham AL I could not find one single installer willing to do it so withe help of a "chap" in the UK at JLS Vehicle Security I was able to install the system in my car "professionally". Not only did it look great! but it works FANTASTIC. Sound through the car audio. mutes the radio or CD and BEST of all does voice dialing over the bluetooth. Not only that when I recieve a call I have a nice big caller ID display on the dashboard just out of my line of sight for driving.
    I love it. I'm not sure but I suspect it will work well with the 6601 and 6600 but I have't tried mine yet since I've been carrying the Treo.
    PS I do travel out tof country some so that is another reason for using the unlocked PalmOne version of the Treo 650.

If they just had the Treo form factor with the Windows Mobile OS I think I would have reached the ultimate THEN!!