+ Reply to Thread
    Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar

Car Antenna Connector

On page 27 of the manual, there's a digram of the back on the phone. Under the little rubber stopper, there's a hole for a car antenna connector.. Does anyone know what this connector is called? I've found products like this online:

http://www.apscell.com/anuneciimamo.html

But the coax needs to plug into something. Maybe an adapter would go in that hole and feed to the coax antenna. I'd like to get an antenna for my house because reception kinda sucks here.

If anyone has any experience with this kind of connector, please share.

RFK
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

Big truck stopps sell tons of external wntenna's and adapters for most common phones. Just try and find an adapter that fits best. I have talked with the people of Wilson antena's about the G1000 I had and the rep said to just try different ones as they did not list one for that phone. They may have a listiing for the 6601? Do a search for wilson electronics.

Dan

ps my reception is better with the 6601 than with the G1000 that I had.

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    I doubt they're making a specific connector for the PPC-6601. However, it looks like a standardized connector and I was wondering if anyone knew what it is called.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

K7AAY Treo 650/Cing & Nokia9300/TMo johnbartley's Avatar

Re: Car Antenna Connector

Originally posted by really fat kid
    On page 27 of the manual, there's a digram of the back on the phone. Under the little rubber stopper, there's a hole for a car antenna connector.. Does anyone know what this connector is called?
    There are lots of those.

Your best bet is a ham radio dealer, such as HRO <www.hamradio.com>
    John Bartley K7AAY | http://celdata.cjb.net | http://kiloseven.blogspot.com

So is there really a jack behind the plug. I didn't want to peel cover off in case it was just a sticker over an empty hole.

Administrator
    yes should be. this is a direct link to the RF x-mitter in the phone. i would advise against connecting anything up to that port. the port is very fragile and if you detach it from the circuit board your phone will not be able to receive and send calls (be it voice or data).

Car antenna

Has anyone found an adapter for a car antenna for this phone? I have a Wilson cellular antenna and I roam around in areas that I've always been able to use analog. Now I'm going to have to depend on really good digital reception. The Wilson website (http://www.wilsonelectronics.com) says the adapter is "pending". When I called them to try to get an ETA, they said they wouldn't be releasing one because the antenna port was too easy to damage. I thought that strange, because this phone is the first one I've seen that actually has the port labeled "car antenna"! Anybody have any other sources? TIA - sheureka

Rubber Stopper

Does anybody know where I can get the little rubber cover for the car antenna adapter? My rubber stopper fell off and is now lost and I canont stand to see the hole in the back of my phone!!!