+ Reply to Thread

Winhand or PCanywhere on PPC6601?

I am looking for a program like Winhand (for those of us that have Treo 600's might know) or for those with PC's PC anywhere, that will allow me to capture my PC and control it through the internet using my Handheld. I see there is something on the PPC that allows you to capture your handheld from the PC but not the other way around - anyone know of any software that does this?

Check out this thread

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...oogle%2BSearch

I already blew $60.00 on MovianVPN which did not work for my Nortel Conectivy box because it appears to only run 56bit encryption.

Administrator
    you should have terminal services already on the phone. use THAT to control your pc.

so does terminal server allow me to "capture" my monitor, I am not sure what exactly terminal server does, winhand would allow me to see whatever my monitor at home was seeing and thus I was able to control my home computers mouse and keyboard and use my home computer while seeing what my home computers monitor was seeing

terminal server is basically the same thing as remote desktop on a pc. the catch is you need to be using an os that supports it (winxp PRO not home or any version of a windows server). if the computer that you want to control is a different os, then you can't use terminal server. i am not sure of all of the options but there are many out there.

e

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    Forget Winhand, Terminal Services and the Citrix PPC Client, RealVNC is the ****. It's open source, so you dont need XP Pro or Citrix Metaframe. Just install the Server app on your PC and the PPC client on your PPC-6601. If you have a big monitor, it might take a while to refresh, but if you're getting a good signal and optimized settings on your PC (like remove wallpaper, etc) you'll love it.

www.realvnc.com
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

i just came across this app. it can be useful for this type of activity:

virtual display

i have also heard good things abpit vnc. i couldn;t remember the name of it though. the really cool thing about it is you can control alternate os's (mac, linux, windows) regardless of which you are on and what you are trying to control.

Administrator
    NYDITOT virtual display is a nice program. it gave the G users and i7 users some isues (you have to soft reset when using certain resolutions, etc.) but they may have a nice version for wm2003SE...

I tried Terminal Services. Worked pretty good. I have a machine on the net and was able to then Remote Desktop from there to work over VPN. However I did not try it over CDMA yet.

It was Terminal Services->PPC66901->BlueTooth->IBM Laptop->Wifi->CableModem->Internet->CableModem->Wifi->Toshiba LapTop->Remote Desktop->Nortel VPN->Wifi->Cable Modem->Internet->Nortel VPN Server Box->LAN->Remote Desktop Server->XP Desktop !!!

Administrator
    it works over vision...

does it only work for XP pro and not XP home?

Administrator
    only xp pro