+ Reply to Thread

Adobe reader install problem

I cannot get the adobe reader 2.0 to install on my computer to install on my 6601.

Is a way to get the cab file out of the install exe file?
    Any ideas why it will not install? The program goe through the install shield wizard and then stops.

Thanks Dan

i tried a few different ways to open the executable by converting it to a rar & zip file to extract the install file. that sometimes works - not in this case. what you can do id search your computer for the temp files and see if you can manually install it from those. good luck.

[rant] it is precisly reasons like this that i think that acrobat reader has gotten out of control. it has become a mamoth program to read documents. it uses 6 mb on the ppc. you know that they could trim it down to be a more simplfied and leaner application. stupid. what i really want is a different al in one reader that will open pdfs, the format is open enough that someone should be able to do it. [/rant]

I got it to work. I had to right click the exe file and say run as. Then I had to choose to install as admin. even though I am the admin. At this point it still did not install the cab file to the 6601, I had to go to the program folder/ activesync / adobe and copy the cab file to the 6601. Then I opened the cab file on the 6601 and it finally works.

What a head ache..