+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hotmail on ppc

hotmail on ppc

Whats the best way for me to access hotmail on the PPC?

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    httpmail by adrian software is the only way to do it. search the g1000 forum to find out how to configure it. i remember it being tricky, but it works like a charm.

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=9539
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

Can be done through the internet explorer also

Administrator
    yeah go into your favorites in PIE and you will see MSN MOBILE. click on that, it wil take you to your sign in screen and voila`...

If you want to integrate Hotmail with Pocket Outlook, you can use Pocket MSN which will set up Hotmail (and also MSN Messenger) as a Today screen plugin.
    John

jp... I see no option for a today screen HoTMaiL plugin option. please specify.
    _C-

<a href="http://rechords.com/survival_kit.JPG" target="_blank"><b><font color="blue">>_< </font></b></a><br />

Originally posted by rechords
    jp... I see no option for a today screen HoTMaiL plugin option. please specify.
    Here's the app... you will need to be a registered Hotmail user.
    Attached Files
    John

lovely.
    _C-

<a href="http://rechords.com/survival_kit.JPG" target="_blank"><b><font color="blue">>_< </font></b></a><br />

jpmihalk,

How does Pocket MSN integrates with Pocket Outlook? I d/l pocket msn, installed it, and I'm not getting it to integrate w/ pocket outlook.

By "integrate", do you mean that you'll be able to add an account to p-outlook as "Hotmail" and be able to look at e-mail via outlook?

All I got was a Today plug-in which says to tap on it to logon, and then it wouldn't work. Plus, I was getting a lot of hang-ups and it was messing up my e-mail notifications (little bubbles on top).

What am I missing?

I got my exchange server @ work to sync wirelessly/automatically with my PPC-6601, and this is the last piece of e-mail I am missing from integrating every thing in one place/client.

Thanx.

When you install it, it should create a new account in your Inbox called Hotmail. Open up Pocket Outlook and tap on Accounts - you should see it in the list.
    John

John,

I can't get this thing (Pocket MSN) to work in my device. I have the PPC6601, and when I install it:

1) It doesn't add the "Hotmail" in my Inbox account.
    2) It screws up MSN Messenger where it can't no longer logon - it returns right away with options to cancel or retry, which brings back up the same pop-up.
    3) It adds a Today screen plug-in, which when I tap on it, brings me to a screen to logon, which then fails to logon.

As soon as I uninstall it, I can immediately logon to MSN Messenger.

Has anyone with a PPC6601 has had success with this thing? I don't think it should make a difference between this, the XV6600 or the PDA2K, but I see you have the PDA2K and it seems that it works for you.

Any ideas?

BTW, I d/l pocket msn straight from MS site.

No clue... seems strange that it doesn't seem to work for the 6601 but works on my PDA2k. Maybe a port issue?
    John

original harrier...

Same complication here.

He has an extra crispy euro Harrier.
    _C-

Exclamation Technojoe

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    John,

I can't get this thing (Pocket MSN) to work in my device. I have the PPC6601, and when I install it:

1) It doesn't add the "Hotmail" in my Inbox account.
    2) It screws up MSN Messenger where it can't no longer logon - it returns right away with options to cancel or retry, which brings back up the same pop-up.
    3) It adds a Today screen plug-in, which when I tap on it, brings me to a screen to logon, which then fails to logon.

As soon as I uninstall it, I can immediately logon to MSN Messenger.

Has anyone with a PPC6601 has had success with this thing? I don't think it should make a difference between this, the XV6600 or the PDA2K, but I see you have the PDA2K and it seems that it works for you.

Any ideas?

BTW, I d/l pocket msn straight from MS site.
    same thing happened to me except when i uninstalled it wouldn't let me use messenger again -- help =[

I just installed mine. The only thing I'm working on is signing on messenger with a different screen name than my email because I use one address for email and another messaging. But it's perfect because it lets you see attachements.

I had to uninstall it, for some reason now Verizon is charging me for incoming email. I guess there must be a trigger sms or something. This happened when I changed my old messaging plan for a newer one.

very nice. I will have to try out the app once I get home tonight.