+ Reply to Thread

Does your 6600 get warm during prolonged use?

I've been sitting here for about an hour watching football while also listening to a great Live365 streaming station and also browsing the web some on my 6601. I've noticed during that time, the unit is getting perceptibly warm. Is this normal?

I have to say this 6601 is really starting to grow on me. One thing I've noticed in contrast to my old Treo 600 is that it plays streaming Live365 and Shoutcast stations perfectly. Absolutely no problems with buffering so far. Also, I love browsing the web in landscape mode.

I have about a week left before I have to return it. I will probably return it because I would rather have the 6600 with camera. But I've also got a 650 ordered. So we'll see which one I ultimately end up keeping. With all the controversy over the 650's memory, the 660x is looking mighty good though.

Administrator
    LOL.. big money.. let me hold some!

yes its normal for the phone to get warm. screen brightness, processor working hard to stream and surf the net... yep normal..

you will end up getting the cam version just as i am and forgetting about the rest....

I prefer the cam version as well. Do you know when it's available and price?

Administrator
    naah.. we got a thread here talking on it.. i was told best case mod december on sprint...