+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vpn and 660x

Vpn

Has anyone got VPN working over Vision with this phone. I've tried MovianVpn and Apina with no luck.

I'm trying to connect to a Nortel Contivity Box.

Has anyone been able to get VPN to connect over Vision? I set up the vpn connection under the "Work" profile (only place it would let me), then try to connect. It dials vision then tries to initiate a connection over VPN, then errors out with a generic check your address/user/pass settings. Verified those are all correct, but still no go.

Ok, so after some research I found this link:

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/Connection_Manager/ConnectionManager.html

Tried the setup and while I was able to "merge" the networks so that I now have vpn server options under the Sprint network setup, I still can't connect to VPN through PPTP.

Will try tracing next week with our network admins to see if I can get any further, but thought I'd share this to see if anyone else can get further than I do. Thanks.

Well I did learned that VPN (IPSEC) Nortel Contivity will go through vision. I did it on my laptop USB'd to the phone and dialed in through #777.

I've bought Apani (wifi only they are refunding my money) and MovianVPN (I think it's limited to 96 bit which seems odd) and neither works for me.

I'd like to get Admit One but it's not available anymore.

Thumbs up Sonicwall GVC Works

I installed the new sonicwall Global VPN Client. It works over Vision connection and seems more stable than the pptp vpn connection I was using.

I assume you would need a sonicwall VPN router but not sure yet.

I think you will need a sonicwall account to download the client.

It works with PPC2003 only

Good Luck...Brad

Yep I'm also using Sonicwall Global VPN Client on my PPC6600. I have used their Windows client for a year or so with great success (even over a Sprint data card) so I was expecting good things from the pocket client... so far it has not disappointed!

It works with Generation 3 firewalls (TELE3, PRO 100/200/300) and newer, though you must be licensed for VPN clients (different than the site-to-site VPN license).

Dan

I VPN with vision. XP and through my router even! I got same generic messege. Changed setting to PPTP to get it to work. Also make sure you have a user profile set up with access to your machine.

Audiovox xv 6600

Can the audiovox 6600 use vpn?? I see the settings and I still can not get to work... Anyone got VPN to work??

VPN Audiovox 6600

Can th Audiovox xv 6600 VPN??? I have been trying to get this to work but no luck..I have called verizon and they say we do not support that.... I have the high speed EDVO..Can someone give me road to follow???

Same here. I've tried IPSec and PPTP to 2 different networks and nothing. Anyone else have some luck?
    Check out my iAdviseMe (IT Advisories), i9erNews (49er news), iGreen (Green News) or my iGossip (celeb News) Apps at: http://www.iadvise.me/

Sickwidit
    I'm connecting to vpn's (pptp) with my 6600's can you list your setps and setups? The vpn connections must be listed under "programs that automatically connect to a private netowrk should connet using". Once you have your servers setup here you should be able to connect. Leave the top option "programs that automaticallyu connect to the internet should connect using" set to Sprint/Verizon or whatever your internet connection is. Also the client in the OS only supports PPTP and L2TP, it doesn't support true IPSec natively. For IPSec support you will need to use a third party client. The only way you can get a vpn session to start is to either start it manually(tapping the vpn name either in the connections menu or the vpn setup tab) or having the os automatically start a session when it see's eith a non dotted address or an address that's listed in your "exceptions" list.
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?

I set up the VPN PPTP using the IP and username/pass. Then I click on it, hit connect and it goes thru the motions of connection (initiates 3G Vision) and then it just stops, which leads me to believe its connected, but when you try to ter serv to something it wont go (192.x.x.x) and clicking the <-> cloud says 3G dormant. So no connection ever establishes.

Originally posted by dmackdaddy
    I set up the VPN PPTP using the IP and username/pass. Then I click on it, hit connect and it goes thru the motions of connection (initiates 3G Vision) and then it just stops, which leads me to believe its connected, but when you try to ter serv to something it wont go (192.x.x.x) and clicking the <-> cloud says 3G dormant. So no connection ever establishes.
    you need to create an exception for private network. go to setting, connection, select connection, then select advance tab at the bottom. Click on exceptions and list all the private network servers there. otherwise, if you don't have it, it will kill the vpn session. hope that help.

I beleive there was a seperate thread about this.

g35mt

Exclamation XV6600 and cisco vpn ipsec

I have tried and tried with the os client to connect to my company's cisco vpn backend to no avail. I have also tried the movian vpn client (if you google enough, you can find it on a purdue.edu ftp site) with no luck. All I want is email!

At this point, I need to find someone who uses the cisco vpn client on their laptop, so I can query them about how they transferred the settings to the mobile device (not nearly as easy as it sounds if your IT department doesn't "support" mobile devices).

Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

zanophol,

check out this thread,
    Cisco Pix VPN

thanks for the movian client information..finally got it..hehehe

g35mt

The thread was interesting, but not that helpful for ipsec setup. It would seem that movian is used everywhere, but no one has really shared how to set it up correctly. I have attempted the trial and error method with it to no avail thus far.

Sickwidit
    The thing is that IPSec setups can be very different depending on the vendor. Things such as split tunneling and nat-transversal can really add headache to a setup, so what works for one person may not work for you unless you have the same vpn enpoint/server.
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?

VPN help please!

Hey guys, I've done my best not to ask this question but I need to know if it is a problem with my phone or not.

I have been attempting to set up a VPN using the VZW dial-up network. I have a VPN set up on my laptop that I have used a BT DUN connection to my VX6600 and got on just fine, so I know it is NOT a compatablity issue with the CDMA dial-up technology and my companies VPN server.

So in review, I want to be able to log onto my companies VPN directly from my PPC. I have the information from my company on how to set up a PPTP VPN, I have entered all the right stuff I think and yet it still will not connect to our VPN server. This REALLY sucks!

If anyone has had success in setting up a connection like the one I am needing, please let me know how to do it. I have looked on PPC Mags site and found something but it really doesn't answer my questions. Thank you very much!

Jake

According to my router vendor, and several posts I've read on the issue, the PPTP on Pocket PC is only compatible with Windows' PPTP .. ie, it won't properly connect to a hardware router.

I tried, it connects but won't pass any traffic.

DLD

Originally posted by RacerX10
    According to my router vendor, and several posts I've read on the issue, the PPTP on Pocket PC is only compatible with Windows' PPTP .. ie, it won't properly connect to a hardware router.

I tried, it connects but won't pass any traffic.

DLD
    I connect to our Nortel Contivity box just fine with PPTP, its not the most ideal way to connect, but it works for me to grab email until they open up imap via SSL for me.