Closed Thread

Basic Bluetooth Question

I am sure this is a stupid question, as the 6601 is the first device I have ever owned that has bluetooth.

I bought a Bluetooth adapter for my laptop Bluetooth Adapter USB-240

They can both see each other just fine, but I need to enter in the PIN to pair them together.....where do I find this?

Thanks for any help!
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

When you add the device to the PC it asks how you want to specifiy the PassKey. You can have the system generate one or you can enter one. Once you say generate. It will popup a dialog on the PPC-6601 and you have 30 second to enter the generated key. From then on they are linked.

If you look in your bluetooth "Settings" on the PPC_6601 you will see the services available. And the security you want. BY default when a service is requested youwill have to grant permission ona dialog that pops up on the PPC.

If it's not working try removing the PPC from the PC and add it again.

To help clear things up.

"Bluetooth Settings" really should be called "Bluetooth Services" on the PPC. These are the things that can be connected to from another device.

"Bluetooth Manager" is the services the PPC wants to connect to on another device (like the PC). Also referred to as initates.

Originally posted by mswlogo
    When you add the device to the PC it asks how you want to specifiy the PassKey. You can have the system generate one or you can enter one. Once you say generate. It will popup a dialog on the PPC-6601 and you have 30 second to enter the generated key. From then on they are linked.

If you look in your bluetooth "Settings" on the PPC_6601 you will see the services available. And the security you want. BY default when a service is requested youwill have to grant permission ona dialog that pops up on the PPC.

If it's not working try removing the PPC from the PC and add it again.

To help clear things up.

"Bluetooth Settings" really should be called "Bluetooth Services" on the PPC. These are the things that can be connected to from another device.

"Bluetooth Manager" is the services the PPC wants to connect to on another device (like the PC). Also referred to as initates.
    THANK YOU!!!!! The two things that were confusing me, was the fact that there is not Generate Key option. And that I only have 8-12 seconds to enter in my own key before it times out.

I just sync'ed with Bluetooth!!!!!!!
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/