+ Reply to Thread

sbp Pocket Plus = Soft resets?

Howdy...

I had started to have quite a few hangs and soft-resest over the last couple of days, and I'd heard that Sbp's Pocket Plus might be unstable on the 6601..

I removed just the 'today' portion of it (leaving the exlorere, close button, IE, and other stuff alone), and in the last 24hrs I have had 0 resets and 0 hangs...

Seems like the Pocket Plus Today portion is the culprit...

Anyone find another laucher/status program that works well? I've tried Battery Bar, but don't like it, and a Flash version of 'Today' that isn't compatible with any other today plugins... No good..

Basically, have you had any issues with sbp Pocket Plus, and if so, what's your favorite launcher/status program?

- Ben
    Ben Freedman

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    Hi. Which version did you install? I installed an older version (cant be certain which version because i dont have that computer at the moment) and it runs without problems.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

I installed the latest version. 3.1.3???? I can't remember..

B.
    Ben Freedman

Software

The only thing fancy I have installed in my PPC is Journal Bar and Today Skins. I have noticed that if I go to:

Settings/Today/Items and do any change and the return to my main screen Journal Bar does not show up even tough its checked. In order for it to appear you need to reset the machine. This is a TODA Bug as we have another PPC with Calendar 2.2+ and its doing the same thing.

We have also noticed that if you do a chnage undr item in the Today portion, going back is super slow, like if the macine is thinking.

I am not sure what is the issue.

I think those are incompatibilities with programs designed for PPC2003, running on our PPC2003PESE

B.
    Ben Freedman

Administrator
    if it doesnt show up after you change anything on journal bar, jus go back to settings/today screen, uncheck/check jb then exit. it wil show up then.

that happens sometimes on the G also... O1 (omega one) is aware of it. you guys may want to go to the O1 site. they have a bug discussion forum and the more people who speak over there, the better JB can get.

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    SBP PPlus V1.0 works without problems. If any one wants it, I can make the installation file (not the serial) available for download.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.