+ Reply to Thread

Yahoo Messenger video conferencing works!

Ok, this may not excite anyone but you can insert an SDIO camera into the SDIO slot and Windows XP will recognize the device as a streaming video source. You can then use it for video conferencing using Yahoo Messanger on your PC. Other messanger services should work too, but I've only tried Yahoo. For me, I can now carry just the SDIO camera and I can call/see home when I travel. Just another thing to not have to carry, webcam just bit the dust.

Administrator
    you can also look at microsoft portrait, which a lot of us have been using.

Oh sure, I just make a major (to me anyway) discovery and you go and tell me about a solution that's been there for awhile... bubble bursted.

Ok, what's Microsoft Portrait? Thanks for the heads up.

Here's a thread from the G1000 forum that will teach you about Portrait.

New Version of Microsoft Portrait 2.0...

Portrait is flat out awesome. Too bad the camera on the PPC-6600 is on the back. Maybe someone will invent some sort of periscope attachment that will allow the camera on the 6600 to do video conferencing. Especially with EVDO. That would be sweet. A telescopic deal that collapses to virtually nothing when not in use. Something that would fit in the pocket of a case easily. That is probably too good to be true, but it sure would be nice.

What version of yahoo messenger do you use for the xv6600? They do not list our device as being compatible.

Thanks
    CC