Closed Thread

outlook/email problem with sprint vision

hey gang,
    first off i want to say i really like this phone and am writing this from 90 East headed to NY for thanksgiving dinner
    my problem happens to be with outlook. i dont have business connect, i am not a vision professional user. everytime i log into my acct to send an email through outlook i get the same darn error when sending a message.

Your message '' was not sent and has been moved to the Drafts folder.

The following recipients are invalid:

name of recipient(s)

now, i receive mail just fine and i used (manually) pop.sprintpcs.com and smtp.sprintpcs.com even when the automatic acct wouldnt work. can anyone help me? i've deleted and reset acct a few times just to make sure. also is there a way to get pIE to be recognized by gmail or yahoo (sending attachments especially). what java scripts or java virtual machine does pIE use, if any? thanks in advance

I'm not sure about sprint smtp I use my own server, but a common problem is you did not check "authenticate" on sending email. This switch is really buried in pocket outlook. I forget where.

absolutely right! thx so much, i just needed the authentication on email option checked; gracias! all my unsent emails got sent now