+ Reply to Thread

dial from other applications?

Coming from the Treo... there is one feature I miss. If there was any phone number on a web page or email or any other application, the treo would make it a hyperlink that would call that number if you clicked on it. Does PPC have anything equivalent?

Also, is there a "Directory Assistant" application that can look up a business or person based on name and location.

I am new to the PPC world and I like it... but there are some things missing.

I'm sure you can find a yellow pages type software and possibly something to do what you are talking about with phone numbers. Look around different pocketPC software sites, there are a TON of software packages for PocketPC's...
    Tom

wolfbeast,
    This is what i do. From the yellowpage search page on explorer, I just press the key I have assigned to voice command, and just say "Dial ***-****" whatever the number may be. As it dials and connects in a small minimized bubble, you can continue to view your search result page during the entire process. To me, this is a hundred times better than with the treo system of clicking the link, and having the phone app take control, and then trying to reopen and find your blazer page again to try to dial the next business you pulled up on your search (for example... getting quotes from different businesses). I love the multitasking ability of this phone, versus the single tasking of my palm treo. Hope this helps
    Last edited by vandoc; 11-27-2004 at 01:34 PM.
    E46fanatic

You can also do a copy and paste it into the phone app

I've looked at a bunch of websites to find this functionality... but no luck...

I realize you can do this with voice command... but I have tried that and its not always reliable.

I am sure this would be a really simple application that could be integrated into the OS.

What are some websites I could try to find this?

anyone?

Wolfbeast,

Take a look at the WM2003 SDK samples. This is very easy to do and actually only requires one API call.

where can I find the SDK?