+ Reply to Thread

Can I play MP3's via bluetooth in my car?

I like to listen to audiobooks while I drive. If I have MP3 files stored on the SD card, can I play them and listen to them in my car's audio system? If not, through a bluetooth headset?

Car: 05 Toyota Prius

Through a bluetooth headset ... yes, but unless your car has embedded bluetooth headset built in to the factory stereo then you are outta luck on that one. The only car that i know of that has that option is the new Acura TL ... and im not sure if all models have it.
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Actually ... i just read on the Prius site that many of the 05 Prius cars did come with factory embeded bluetooth recievers for cell phones. I think there is also another post on here about the prius.

I should have made it clear that I had a factory embedded bluetooth receiver in my car. I just wasn't sure if I could play the MP3's from the 66xx through the audio system or not. Cool. Now if Verizon would just make it available!

I have a Prius with factory bluetooth. No way that I can see to send anything to the car audio except a phone call. It just does not turn on the audio until it is dialing or picking up a call. I cannot see how to fool it into doing otherwise.

BTW, there is a problem with Sprint's implementation of bluetooth on the 6601. The Prius does not receive the CDMA signal strenth info that it needs from the phone and consequently refuses to initiate a call of any type (regular dial or speed dial). The 6601 can initiate the call just fine and the Prius can pick up a call also just fine. The audio works fine through the car but only as a phone.

Hopefully, Sprint will correct the bluetooth problem with transmitting signal strength soon!!! I spoke to 2nd level support but who knows if it will go anywhere from there. I heard that Sprint was working on some bug fixes for the Treo 650 bluetooth so maybe there is some hope for the 6601.

I can tell you for sure that they are working on a bluetooth patch for the 6601 already. I have personally reported a few bugs to my engineer friends at Sprint and have been told that a fix is in the making. There was actually a large number of the phones that were recalled due to a faulty BT chipset, the other issues are being fixed.

Any idea how to indentify which units have the bad BT chipsets?

none were shipped to the public, they were recalled from the warehouse.