+ Reply to Thread
    OJM

Unhappy SD Card Problem - Help?!

Hello All,

Just received my 6601 on the 24th and am having many issues. As a caveat, I am a recent convert from the Treo 600 to the PPC-6601. Needless to say, I am clueless regarding ppc and will need to do some forum surfing to master the os and device.

The most troubling problem I have encountered is the "Case of the Disappearing Data on my SD card" Basically, I trasfer data (MP3s, word docs, .avi files) to my SD card in the same manner I always have (internal card reader/writer on my laptop). I pop out the card, pop it into the 6601, attempt to locate the files...and NOTHING shows up on the "Storage Card." This happens all the time. I cannot read anything from my SD card. I take the card out of the 6601, pop it back into my laptop, and the files have disappeared! Is anyone else having this problem (6601 erasing your SD card)??? Please help!

Thanks!

BTW - The files do not disappear if I pop the card into any other device - only the ppc-6601
    OJM Brooklyn

Try leaving the card in the PPC-6601 and write to the card through the PC File Browser (it should be avilable is you have an activesync link up). I don't remove the card and have not had problems.

OJM
    Originally posted by mswlogo
    Try leaving the card in the PPC-6601 and write to the card through the PC File Browser (it should be avilable is you have an activesync link up). I don't remove the card and have not had problems.
    I apologize for my ignorance - where do I find the "pc file browser" and how do I write to it?
    OJM Brooklyn

Howdy...

I use a desktop card reader to read and write to my 1GB SanDisk card, as using the 'ActiveSync' explore function is painfully slow...

However, I've never seen this issue you're having with writing files and then having them disappear.

Try this: Write some files to your card on your desktop, and then remove the card, and activate the little 'write-protect' switch on the card. Then see if you can still see them on the desktop by reinserting the card... Then try it on the 6601...

Make sure you are looking under 'storage card' on the 6601, and not under 'storage' which is basically an internal SD card of 15MB in capacity...Non-removable...

Hope that helps...

- Ben
    Ben Freedman

When you have your connection up on activesync. Go to the PC File Browser (i.e. My Computer). You should see a "Mobile Device". Double click down to the storage card. Then drag and drop the files there. That's what I do.