+ Reply to Thread
    Swaydo-Converged

Question PPC 6601 vs. XV 6601

I'm currently a Sprint user but I've been thinking about switching to Verizon, because of better overall connectivity and EVDO, despite higher pricing. (Altho the new lower-cost data plan for VZW sounds great.) My Sprint plan is years old so I should be
    able to get a rebate once the PPC6601 enters the consumer market.

Anyways, I definitely want the Harrier on either Sprint or VZW.

Can I buy the PPC6001 for Sprint (w/o upgrading my plan) for $629 via their business channel, and then have it activated for VZW when I change plans, or is there likely to be a difference in "firmware" or even hardware. Or do I have to wait for the VZW release of the XV6601?

Also, any advice on how to buy the XV6601 soonest would be appreciated.

Thanks...
    old & creaky Samsung I-300 owner
    PPC6601 voyeur

no. People have made sprint phones work on V. but data usually does not, as you said to firm ware.

Swaydo-Converged
    In that case, does anyone actually know when I can get ahold of the non-camera VZW version, i.e. the XV6601, and how?
    old & creaky Samsung I-300 owner
    PPC6601 voyeur

BT DUN on verizon/sprint

Does anyone know if verizon will be crippling the BT DUN on their 6601's? Does anyone know of any hacks to solve sprints BT DUN connection problems? I would like to be able to occasionally be able to use my phone with my laptop for internet use.
    E46fanatic

I don't think the BT DUN is crippled. It just buggy and supposedly they (HTC) is working on it. USB works and I would assume they would have crippled that too. Just like folks thought wifi was turned off on Sprint flavor.

Originally posted by mswlogo
    Just like folks thought wifi was turned off on Sprint flavor.
    i think i get what youre saying but what do you mean by that quote? the wifi is not in the phone at all? or is it there and it has been turned off by sprint?

Originally posted by minilog118
    i think i get what youre saying but what do you mean by that quote? the wifi is not in the phone at all? or is it there and it has been turned off by sprint?
    Wi-Fi is not on either version of the phone. None of the CDMA versions have the wi-fi. Supposedly it was because of either the high battery drain issue or because of interference with the radio in the phone. However, people are buying external wi-fi cards and installing in the SD slot and making them work.